DALLAS, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Designers in the retail electronic transaction space can now quickly and easily develop cutting-edge portable point-of-sale applications that incorporate secure payment card processing including contactless near field communications (NFC) capabilities. This new, low-cost, turnkey electronic point-of-sale (EPOS) solution from ViewAt, a Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) partner, protects intellectual property and financial transactions while reducing development time for these latest retail transaction products by as much as a year. Following a modular design approach, the EPOS solution provides flexibility to customers seeking to differentiate products including:
- Countertop payment terminal
- Mobile payment terminal with wireless support
- Handheld data terminals with barcode scanning
- Full kiosk with barcode scanning, payment and wireless support
Complete EPOS solution offers integrated features, security, NFC and design flexibility:
- Performance and integration, including 1 GHz of fast performance with TI's AM3715 ARM® Cortex-A8 microprocessor, to enable fluid, seamless graphics and applications with the integrated, interactive touch screen. The solution also integrates a printer, Ethernet, cellular support and mobile connectivity (Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi technologies).
- NFC capabilities provided by TI's TRF7970A analog front-end (AFE) transceiver expand the electronic transaction potential with increased wireless connection options for transaction speed and accuracy while reducing staffing requirements.
- Security protects intellectual property and financial transactions. The EPOS reference design incorporates a third-party hardware security controller for secure boot and tamper protection. Software development for financial transaction security saves developers as much as a year of time by offering pre-evaluation for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Personal Identification Number (PIN) Transaction Security (PTS) standards through a PCI-accredited lab. This pre-evaluation by RFI Global in the United Kingdom enables software developers to obtain PCI-certification quickly and get their products to market faster.
- A full complement of TI signal chain, power management, ESD protection and logic devices to support functions like audio, battery charging, motor and touch-screen control.
- Popular operating system support leverages existing software code and expertise, further reducing time to market. Systems include Linux, Android and Windows Compact Embedded.
- Feature additions enable further product differentiation and are easy with other pin-to-pin and software-compatible TI devices (i.e., adding video with a TI DaVinci™ digital media processor).
To order this product or obtain more information, please visit http://www.ti.com/epos-pr.
ViewAt is a leading point-of-sale (POS) POS and personal identification number (PIN) pad design solutions provider and vendor in China. ViewAt designs, develops and manufactures EFT POS terminals and PIN pads, providing both hardware and software development with Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) consulting services. For more information, visit http://www.viewat.com.cn/.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
DaVinci is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments