NEW YORK, May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Time Warner Cable today announced Digital TV customers now have access to more than 175 high-definition (HD) channels in New York City. Digital TV customers also have access to new international packages, On Demand and digital channels.
"Time Warner Cable offers the best and biggest HD lineup in New York City. We're excited to announce that our customers now have access to over 175 HD channels and that additional HD On Demand channels are coming soon," said David Gray, Regional Vice President of Marketing for Time Warner Cable's East Region. "Along with the expansion of HD, we continue to augment our digital and On Demand offerings making it simple and easy for customers to access the shows they want. In an effort to deliver more programming options and value to our diverse customers, we're also introducing several international packages which provide a cost-effective option for viewing programming from around the world."
The following HD channels are now available:
- Bloomberg HD – Channel 730 in New York City, Channel 708 in Mount Vernon, Channel 714 in New Jersey, Channel 717 in Hudson Valley
- WGN America HD – Channel 679
- Oprah Winfrey Network HD (OWN) – Channel 682
- Oxygen HD – Channel 753 in Mount Vernon and Hudson Valley (previously launched on Channel 712 in New York City and Channel 764 in New Jersey.)
- Lifetime HD – Channel 762 in New York City, Channel 743 in Mount Vernon, Channel 765 in New Jersey, Channel 741 in Hudson Valley
- GMC HD – Channel 680
- ESPN Deportes HD – Channel 487
- Fox Deportes HD – Channel 486
- FEARnet HD and FEARnet HD On Demand– Channel 292 and Channel 291 respectively (as part of a subscription to Time Warner Cable Movie Pass)
- HBO HD On Demand* – Channel 200
- Cinemax HD On Demand* – Channel 210
- Showtime HD On Demand* – Channel 220
Along with over 50 international channels currently available to Time Warner Cable Digital TV customers, the company has created several international packages** designed to provide customers with significant savings (up to 65%) and access to many popular in-language channels from select countries through specially-priced packages:
- Hindi Passport Includes Sahara Filmy, Sony Asia, TV Asia and Zee TV for $29.99 more a month
- Hindi Pass Plus Includes Bollywood On Demand, ITV, Sahara Filmy, Sony Asia, TV Asia and Zee TV for $39.99 more a month
- Filipino Pass Plus Includes GMA Pinoy, GMA Life, GMA DWLS Radio, GMA DZBB Radio and The Filipino Channel for $24.99 more a month
- Mandarin Passport Includes CCTV-4, CTI Zhong Tian, Phoenix InfoNews and Phoenix NA for $19.99 more a month
- Mandarin ETTV Passport Includes ETTV China, ETTV Drama, ETTV Financial, ETTV News, ETTV NY and Yoyo TV for $19.99 more a month
- Mandarin Pass Plus Includes CCTV-4, CTI Zhong Tian, ETTV China, ETTV Drama, ETTV Financial, ETTV News, ETTV NY, Phoenix Info News, Phoenix NA and Yoyo TV for $29.99 more a month
- Russian Passport Includes C1R Worldwide, RTVi, RTN and TV 1000 Russian Kino for $25.99 more a month
- Russian Pass Plus Includes C1R Worldwide, CTC, NTV America, RTN, RTN Plus, RTVi and TV 1000 Russian Kino for $29.99 more a month
In addition, the following two channels are now available as part of the company's El Paquetazo package which provides Latinos with the best mix of the most popular English and Spanish-language channels through an affordable digital video package:
- Lifetime Movie Network – Channel 894
- Lifetime Movie Network HD – Channel 780 in New York City, Channel 765 in Mount Vernon, Channel 779 in New Jersey, Channel 752 in Hudson Valley
Time Warner Cable's New York City footprint serves over 1.3 million customers in four New York City boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties), and Bergen and Hudson Counties in New Jersey.
To order Time Warner Cable service, call 877-TWC-2805 or visit us on the web at www.timewarnercable.com/nynj.
*Coming soon. Subscription to corresponding premium channel required.
**Customers must subscribe to Digital Basic in order to purchase an International Package. CTC is a new International premium channel. Mandarin Passport Packages will be available starting June 22 in Hudson Valley.
To receive all services, Digital TV and lease of a Digital set-top box are required. An HD TV and HD converter are required to receive these channels. Some services are not available to CableCARD customers. Not all equipment supports all services. Subject to change without notice. Some restrictions apply. Savings claim based on a la carte v. new package prices.
Follow us on Twitter @TWCable_NYC
SOURCE Time Warner Cable