DALLAS, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- What's the science behind the perfect party? First, host it at the hippest venue in town; and second, make sure your guests have plenty of fun and interesting things to do. Time Warner Cable's interactive event to benefit the brand new Perot Museum of Nature & Science has all that and more.
Party guests will enjoy exclusive access to all five floors of the Perot Museum, while they mingle with local celebrities including, NHL great and former captain of the Dallas Stars, Mike Modano, Michael Young of the Texas Rangers and TV One personality and comedian, J. Anthony Brown.
The Perot Museum is the ideal partner for Time Warner Cable's philanthropic initiative, "Connect a Million Minds" (CAMM), which was launched three years ago as part of the company's commitment to inspire the next generation of problem solvers by connecting young minds to the wonders of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
As a part of the company's overall commitment to the museum and CAMM, Time Warner Cable will present the Perot with a $25,000 donation in support of its efforts to educate young students in the areas of STEM. Time Warner Cable also provides the museum with dedicated Internet access and point to point Ethernet service, which makes the Perot the perfect venue to showcase TWC's Signature Home™ exhibit, offering the latest technological advancements in TV, Internet, phone, Apps and more.
The new museum is also the perfect venue for Time Warner Cable to showcase its Signature Home™ exhibit, offering the latest technological advancements in TV, Internet, phone, Apps and more.
Signature Home™ is a lifestyle for the future with 250 channels of video for the home, computer, tablet or smartphone, while providing customers with 50 megabits per second of Ultimate Internet speed.
Signature Home™ customers experience white-glove service with priority reservations and their own personal concierge on call 24/7. From trouble-shooting and expert installation to ensuring that video game consoles and other electronics are properly networked, Signature Home™ provides superior service every step of the way.
Signature Home™ Overview
- Signature Service: A dedicated Personal Solution Advisor will ensure that a Connections Specialist is deployed to the customer's home in a timely manner. Connections Specialists will install all services and equipment and then assess additional connectivity issues and solutions based on individual homes and lifestyles.
- Internet On The Go: The new Internet On The Go package provides a personal mobile 'hotspot' that allows users up to 2GB of usage per month, outside the home at no extra cost. With the new IG2 Personal Mobile Hotspot, customers can connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices, and utilize expandable storage with a microSD 32GB memory card.
- TWCable TV™ iPad™ App-version 2.0: Currently available for download on the Apple App Store, this new App includes a variety of added features including an Interactive Program Guide, the ability to remotely manage the available DVR system and easier navigation of the settings tab. The App also boasts remote control capabilities which allow users to use their iPad to select programs and manage their in-home DVR.
- Whole House DVR: Allows customers to record up to four channels at one time. Whole House DVR means recording a TV show and playing it back in any room in the house, with a capacity to store up to 150 hours of HD content.
- Look Back: Allows customers the ability to watch prime time shows up to 72 hours later, even if they are not previously recorded on a DVR, to ensure customers never miss their favorite shows.
- Start Over: Enables customers to restart a show already in progress, even if it was not previously recorded on a DVR.
- VoiceZone on PC: Enables customers to access and manage voice messages and phone settings online.
- Digital Home Phone with Unlimited Nationwide Calling: An easy-to-use, reliable service that enables customers to call anyone, anytime in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and includes popular features at a value price point.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and phone services in the United States, connecting more than 14 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video, and phone services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers, and through its NaviSite subsidiary, enterprise-class hosting, managed application, messaging and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com and www.twcmedia.com.
SOURCE Time Warner Cable North Texas