NEW YORK, Sept. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cota, Inc. a healthcare data and analytics company that bridges precision medicine to population health, today announced that Thomas L. Gallucci has joined as Chief Financial Officer. Gallucci is responsible for managing Cota's finances, overseeing related business segments and contributing to the strategic direction of the business. He brings over two decades of healthcare industry and finance experience to Cota, both as a leading equity research analyst and investment banker. Most recently, Gallucci was a Managing Director at Cain Brothers where he focused on strategic advisory and M&A services within the healthcare sector.
"Tom shares our vision and commitment to creating solutions and offerings that help industry stakeholders provide individual patients the most optimal care," said John Hervey, Cota's Chief Executive Officer. "I am thrilled to welcome him to the leadership team. His healthcare-specific background and business acumen are a critical asset to growing and expanding the company."
Prior to Cain Brothers, Gallucci spent the bulk of his career at Merrill Lynch and Lazard Capital Markets as an equity research analyst focused on healthcare services. Among other awards and recognition, he was named to the Institutional Investor All-America team six times overall, and once, uniquely, in two separate categories. He started in healthcare equity research in 1995 at Credit Suisse First Boston and was with Bear Stearns from 1996 to 1999. Prior to that, he worked at Ernst & Young. Gallucci earned a B.S. with High Honors in accounting from Lehigh University.
"I am very pleased to be given the opportunity to join an exceptional group of people on the important mission of improving healthcare," said Gallucci. "The practice of more precise medicine is long overdue, but the healthcare system is finally ready and Cota is well-positioned to make it a reality. It is generally an exciting time for everyone involved in healthcare and I look forward to leveraging my experience to help Cota succeed in driving change across the continuum, ultimately to the benefit of patients."
In addition to Gallucci, the following leadership changes and new appointments are effective immediately:
- Elizabeth Rushforth will join as Chief Legal Officer, serving as the primary counsel and legal expert for Cota. Rushforth has deep experience in several areas of law, including securities, regulatory and compliance. Rushforth was most recently the Chief Legal Officer for Sungevity, a technology-driven solutions provider and spent 3 of years at MedeAnalytics as SVP and General Counsel.
- Emmet O'Gara will join as Senior Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer and is responsible for business development and account management activities. O'Gara has spent the past eight years at MedeAnalytics, most recently as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Payer and Provider Solutions. O'Gara brings over 25 years of strategic Payer market experience to Cota.
- Ann Collins will join as Senior Vice President of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Strategy and is responsible for Cota's life sciences and pharma solutions and driving the clinical vision and strategy. Collins, who has over 20 of years in life sciences and oncology, previously held leadership roles at Vion, Agios and Schering Plough and is trained as an oncology physician associate.
- Janhvi Patel will join as Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, and is responsible for managing and cultivating Cota's partnerships like the collaboration with IBM Watson for Oncology. Previously, Patel was with IBM Watson Health in Strategic Partnerships.
- K. Marinka Natale will join as Vice President of Payer-Provider Solutions and is responsible for Cota's Payer product vision and strategy. Natale, who has 15 years of healthcare informatics experience on the payer side, was most recently Senior Director of Informatics – Data Science at Aetna.
- Eva Werk will join as Vice President of Marketing and will oversee all marketing and communication activities at Cota. Most recently, Werk spent three years at Saffron Technology, an AI data analytics software company acquired by Intel Corp.
About Cota, Inc.
Cota, Inc. is a technology platform that enables providers, payers and life science companies involved in diagnosing and treating complex diseases to optimize the outcomes of individual patients and lower the overall cost of the patient population served. It is powered by the patented Cota Nodal Address™ (CNA) system, a unique digital classification methodology built by leading physicians and data scientists. The CNA is the first and only system that precisely categorizes patient factors, their diseases and intended therapies, enabling precision medicine at scale.
Cota's technology enriches medical records to create research-grade data and joins it with a suite of analysis, visualization and management tools. This enables providers, payers and life science companies to analyze, report on and research outcomes, costs, treatments and quality at any granularity and stage of the patient journey. The result is a constantly improving system that merges technology and medicine to improve the lives of patients everywhere. For more information, go to www.cotahealthcare.com