OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TOMY International, a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of toys and collectible products for children of all ages, previews its 2013 line-up at American International Toy Fair (booth #463). Leading with the introduction of several all-new toy brands, including the highly-anticipated Pokemon™ line, the high-tech Battroborg™ motion-controlled battling robots and Wild Stylz—the doll brand that's all about unlimited hair play, TOMY® expands its offerings alongside innovative additions across existing owned and licensed brands.
"With TOMY's 2013 product introductions, we are revealing the strength of our network," states Greg Kilrea, President of TOMY International. "Leveraging TOMY's global resources, we are bringing new brands to new markets worldwide and are able to combine talent and assets across all our regions to deliver the most robust new product portfolio in our history."
Look for exciting introductions and big news in the following brands from TOMY in 2013:
- Chuggington™ Die-Cast and Wooden Railway
- Dinosaur Train™
- John Deere
- TOMY Radio-Control – featuring Batman, Mario Kart and Johnny Lightning
- TOMY Toys
- Wild Stylz
Pokemon by TOMY
TOMY International, the global licensee and distributor for Pokemon in categories including figures, figure accessories, plush, playsets, and more, debuts its all-new line for one of the world's leading kids' entertainment franchises. TOMY's line is anchored by products that integrate Pokemon's key play patterns, including catching, training, and battling. Featured introductions to the line include a range of figures, R/C characters, novelty, basic plush, and new battle playsets for Pokemon fans of all ages. TOMY International will introduce themed toys based on the widely popular Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. Highlights of the Fall 2013 Pokemon line from TOMY include:
- 2 Pack Small Figures — Get ready for battle! From Beartic vs. Braviary to Pikachu vs. Kyurem, Pokemon go head-to-head in ten match-ups featuring Pokemon now available for the first time as 2" figures. Each pack contains two, 2" figures that capture each Pokemon in colorful detail. Use the two Pokedex ID tags in each package to learn the height, weight, and type of the newest additions to your Pokemon team! MSRP: $6.99
- Catch 'n' Return Poke Ball — Catch Pokemon like a Pokemon Trainer with the Catch 'n' Return Poke Ball! Put a Pokemon figure on the stand, pull back the Poke Ball, aim, and release! Make a successful catch and the Poke Ball will come right back to you. Once you've caught your Pokemon, the Poke Ball pops open with the push of a button so you can send your new Pokemon into battle. Each pack contains one, 2" Pokemon figure with colorful detail, a Pokedex ID Tag with its height, weight, and type, a Catch 'n' Return Poke Ball and a stand. Each Poke Ball holds one, 2" Pokemon character and works with the included stand for hours of catch and return fun! Available in seven different styles. MSRP: $12.99
- Pokemon Attack 'n' Battle Figures — These Legendary Pokemon are primed for battle! Legendary Black Kyurem and White Kyurem figures, featured in the Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 video games, provide realistic attack and battle role play. Each 12" action figure features motion controlled lights and sounds that help the action come alive with impact sounds, spinning action and sounds, attack cries, and more. Then switch into Overdrive Mode to activate the LED light-up features! Each pack contains one lights and sounds 12" figure. MSRP: $39.99 each
- Pokemon Pokedex Trainer Kit — Become a Pokemon Trainer, just like Ash! Wear the Poke Ball with the attached belt clip and take Pokemon with you on your adventures—the Poke Ball pops open with the push of a button and can hold one 2" Pokemon figure. Want to identify that Pokemon? Use the Pokedex ID Tags with the Pokedex to get the stats on different Pokemon. Each Trainer Kit contains a colorful, 2" Pikachu or Axew figure, Pokedex, 15 Pokedex ID Tags, Poke Ball, and glove. Clip your Poke Ball to your belt for easy transport. All tags store inside the Pokedex. Available in boy and girl styles. MSRP: $19.99
Battroborg by TOMY
Take motion-controlled battling to a whole new level with the all-new Battroborg line of battling robots. Battroborg is the first battling robot brand of its kind, leveraging advanced motion-control technology in combination with perennially popular robot and combat action. Battroborg takes players center ring, with two-handed motion controlled nunchucks that let opponents dictate the robot's every move with their jabs. The high-performance Borgs register every hit and indicate when the ultimate battling champion has succeeded.
- Battroborg takes battling robots off the screen and into a whole new dimension with its fast-paced, motion-controlled combat guaranteed to make a prizefighter proud! Highly-detailed, high-performance 2.4 GHZ remote controlled micro battling robots feature motion-controlled technology, letting players control the action in the ring. Simply charge your Battroborg (comes complete with a 20 minute quick-charger to keep the fun going), pair up your tech controller to your Borg(s) to create real-time action and reaction. The powerful signal operates at distances of up to 50'. Players are the virtual battlers, controlling the action with two-handed nunchucks that activate the arms and move the Borg. Battroborg automatically records damage level via an LED light on each robot that changes color every time the robot gets punched. Five punches signals the end of the battle, or defeat your opponents by KO—a knock over! Perfect for one-on-one competitions or large Battle Royals of up to 10 robots in the 3-in-1 Battle Arena. Whether you're a brawler, a glass jaw or a southpaw, Battroborg promises pure excitement, ultimate battling action and knock-out fun! MSRP: $79.99 sold separately. Ages 8 and up.
Chuggington by TOMY
TOMY further expands its popular Chuggington product lines, which are based on Ludorum's popular animated series, featuring new items in the vertical-building Chuggington Die-Cast Railway, as well as the classic Chuggington Wooden Railway. In addition, Anchor Bay will release Chug Patrol: Ready to Rescue nationwide on DVD August 20, 2013! The DVD will include never-before-seen episodes and a free gift with purchase. Chug Patrol: Ready to Rescue, a tentpole event, will also be a TV special this fall and will have a corresponding die-cast playset based on the storyline and locations seen on the DVD.
- Chuggington Die-Cast Railway -- Inspired by Chuggington's modern characters and fast-paced adventures, TOMY's Chuggington Die-Cast Railway builds on last year's success of combining train and construction play, by introducing new playsets and high-performance engines that allow budding engineers to take train play to even higher levels. The track system enables fans to build track layouts vertically by providing the stability required to achieve tall, spiraling layouts. Easy to connect and simple enough for preschoolers to build on their own, the Die-Cast track system is a durable and sturdy solution for adding elevation to train sets and creating amazing action. New themed playsets at a variety of price points debut for 2013, in addition to a collection of new engines.
- Chuggington Wooden Railway adds more characters to its collectible line-up of engines as well as feature-packed train sets and destinations. All are made with classic, high-quality wood construction, which is compatible with other major wooden railway toys. New sets, including Wilson's Lift & Load Figure 8 Set and Brewster & Koko's Big City Adventure Set, join the line that features ready-to-play options at price points from $39.99 to the deluxe $149.99.
Wild Stylz by TOMY
TOMY introduces Wild Stylz, an innovative small doll line which provides unlimited hair play, allowing girls to create a world that endlessly explores their individuality and creativity in miniature proportions. The line features five fashionable dolls, each with a signature color and cute pet sidekick, thematic accessory sets, a deluxe accessory case, and fun playsets, including a photo studio and a salon. Wild Stylz dolls are as adorable as they are durable, with long, dramatic, premium hair that encourages young girls to style and re-style without hassles. The hair is easy to brush and the accessories are fun and easy-to-use, making even the youngest stylist feel confident and creative.
- Wild Stylz Dolls – With five different Wild Stylz dolls to choose from, girls can explore their wild side and create countless cool looks easily and successfully. Each doll comes with a cute pet sidekick that inspires her style as well as fashion-forward hair accessories that work seamlessly with the signature "pop and play" format. Simply insert the hair accessories into one of the three ports in the Wild Stylz doll's headband, wrap the long, dramatic hair and snap it in to create crazy, fun, looks for their locks! MSRP: $9.99
- Wild Stylz Deluxe Doll and Accessory Packs – Adding to the styling fun and flair, these deluxe packs feature more styling options and special feature hair. Each Wild Stylz Deluxe Doll and Accessory Pack includes a special edition Wild Stylz doll along with unique pop and play accessories, special hair and tools, such as hair crimpers, color changing wands and more. MSRP: $14.99
- Wild Stylz Playsets – Fun, thematic playsets feature special edition dolls and more hairplay options in Zari's Strike a Style Studio, Brylie's Style 'n Go Case, and the deluxe Paisley's Twistin' Party Salon that lets girls step inside the trendiest salon in the city!
Hypercity by TOMY
Tomica has always been a land where imagination lives. Now, with a new look and themes focused on heroes and rescue scenarios, the Hypercity line of internationally-acclaimed toys is poised to save the day in the boys' action aisle! Join the Hyper Force and keep Hypercity safe and secure from a raging river, frequent earthquakes, an active volcano and the evil Dr. Walder. Kids will love the Hypercity vehicles and playsets that allow the Fire & Rescue Team, Police Team and Construction Team to jump into action at the first sight of danger. Hypercity play focuses on three main pillars of play: Action, once the trains roll over the Hyper Track the vehicles take on a new profile and personality, which aids the Hyper Heroes in their rescue missions; Interchangeability, fully-integrated vehicles play together on or off track; Collectability, more than 30 characters with unique profiles. A wide range of playsets and action vehicles debut in 2013, including the Hyper Hero Hyper-Rescue Fire Engine, Hyper Hero Mega Train Set and the Hyper Hero Hyper-Builder Mobile Rescue Set, to name a few.
Lamaze by TOMY (www.lamazetoys.com)
TOMY's award-winning Lamaze® line flexes its strength in activity gyms with 2013 Introductions that focus on delivering playful, developmental options at everyday price-points to keep TOMY's Lamaze line at the forefront of infant play. Encouraging early development of the senses, TOMY's Lamaze toys spark creativity, introduce discovery and support healthy sensory development. Working with child development experts, Lamaze creates toys that delight babies at each stage from birth to 24 months through timeless products that help baby grow, discover and learn. Building on the brand's award-winning and popular product lines, TOMY introduces a wide array of new Lamaze infant development products, spearheaded by innovative new activity gyms and play mats, offering endless entertainment and developmental activities. In addition, the award-winning Lamaze brand brings even more fun into its Everyday Lamaze line of affordable infant toys, expands its popular Play and Grow line of developmental plush characters to include even more whimsical take-anywhere friends and unveils additions to the flagship line of Classic Play items.
John Deere from TOMY
TOMY promotes both farm and construction play in its evergreen John Deere product line, covering everything from preschool toys to ride-ons, thematic R/C vehicles and high-end collector replicas. For 2013 the focus is on delivering new play patterns, innovation and features across all John Deere segments. New additions to the sought-after John Deere Preschool line include the John Deere Push & Go Truck with simple function tilting dumpbox, perfect for little hands, and the John Deere First Animals Puzzle, an easy-to-spin, three-sided puzzle that helps preschoolers learn counting and animals. John Deere Big Farm expands its offering of 1:16 scale items with the Frontier Grain Cart that features a rotating, working unloading auger and adjustable jack, and a fully-functioning John Deere R/C Tractor that steers right, left, forward and reverse and features working lights and sounds. Exciting additions to the Monster Treads line-up include Monster Wheelers, John Deere Mega Hauling Set and Tractor with Gravity Wagon and Loader for even more action-packed ag-themed fun than ever before!
TOMY brings industry leading technology from Japan to its 2013 line-up of radio-control vehicles and playsets, featuring favorite characters from the Batman and Mario Kart franchises, as well as vehicles from Johnny Lightning, this new line is ready to spin, turn and flip their way into the hearts and homes of R/C racing action fans everywhere! Highlights include:
- Arkham Asylum Batmobile – Chase down the villains in your city with the high speed Arkham Asylum Batmobile. The vehicle features forward, reverse, left and right steering plus 360 degree spins, superbounce tires and three channels for multi-player activity. Ages: 6 and up. MSRP: $39.99
- Batman Joker Steel Mill Playset – It's Batman versus the Joker in this action-packed playset! Chase down the Joker through the loops, tunnels and jumps in the Joker Steel Mill Playset. Playset includes track, tunnels, multiple props and two infrared controlled vehicles. Ages: 6 and up. MSRP: $59.99
- Mario Kart 7 MicroDrive – The Mario Kart 7 MicroDrive is a full function radio control vehicle capable of wheelie stunts, 360 degree spins, and plenty of speed to conquer any course. The three channel multi player capability will allow kids to challenge one another. Ages: 6 and up. MSRP: $39.99
- Mario Kart 7 Sky Circuit Set – This awesome playset brings the fun of the Mario Kart 7 video game into 3-D! Kids will love the simulated racing in this set featuring track, multiple props and two infrared technology vehicles. Age: 6 and up. MSRP: $59.99
- JLX MicroDrive Assortment – The JLX MicroDrive is a full function radio control vehicle with the ability to perform jumps, flips and bounces at speeds of up to 300 MPH (scale speed). Three channel multi-player capability allows kids to race one another. Ages: 6 and up. MSRP: $24.99
Dinosaur Train from TOMY
Based on The Emmy®-nominated animated preschool series from The Jim Henson Company, TOMY's Dinosaur Train line incorporates elements from the animated series and delivers a product line that is engaging and educational. Exciting additions to the best-selling InterAction Figure line include InterAction Keenan, Extreme InterAction Sonny and collectible hatching eggs with even more kid-favorite characters for kids to collect and enjoy.
- Extreme InterAction Sonny – Press the button on Sonny's back to start his neck moving, then watch as he twists his neck around and around! Sonny's movement triggers reactions from his other InterAction friends and Sonny will respond with over 50 dino sounds and phrases. Ages: 3 and up. MSRP: $26.99
- InterAction Keenan – Keenan comes to life with over 40 dino sounds and phrases. Watch out for Keenan's attitude when you press his belly! Compatible with the full InterAction line, Keenan will react and respond to all his dinosaur friends. Ages 3 and up. MSRP: $16.99
- Hatching Collectible Wind-Ups – Place the wind-up character in the egg, twist the top to wind it up and watch as the egg cracks open, releasing the character to walk right out! Additional action features based on character. Ages 3 and up. MSRP: $9.99
Pajanimals from TOMY
TOMY spotlights its Pajanimals line, based on The Jim Henson Company's popular TV series Pajanimals, which airs daily on 24-hour preschool television channel Sprout during The Good Night Show and on Saturday mornings on NBC. Pajanimals follows the adventures of four sweet and gentle characters – Sweet Pea Sue the pony, the excitable duck Squacky, the creative cow Cowbella and the optimistic puppy Apollo. Through their imaginary journeys, these cuddly musical puppets venture out on adventures of discovery, modeling the skills preschoolers need to move through their days successfully. Pajanimals is produced in Northern Ireland as a co-production between The Jim Henson Company, Sprout and Northern Ireland's Sixteen South Television. TOMY introduces a wide array of new Pajanimals products in 2013, including the following highlights:
- Plush Pajanimals Friends – a collection of premium 9" and 15" plush characters inspired by the Pajanimals TV series on Sprout including Apollo, Squacky, Cowbella and Sweet Pea Sue. Ages: 10 months and up. 9" MSRP: $10.99; 15" MSRP: $19.99.
- Snuggle Up Story Mat -- sized perfectly for kids ages 2-6, features favorite Pajanimals characters and themes with a pillow that flips open for story time. Help your child transition from play time to nap time with the Snuggle Up Story Mat. Featuring favorite lovable Pajanimals characters, this mat includes a soft book that transforms into a pillow. MSRP: $29.99.
- Bedtime Routine Board -- the new Pajanimals Bedtime Routine Board makes bedtime fun and helps little ones transition from play time to bedtime. The board highlights pre-bedtime activities such as taking a bath, brushing teeth, putting pajamas on and getting into bed. Fun sounds "ping" as your child slides each character to perform and complete each task. Complete all tasks to hear "La-La Lullaby." Ages: 12 months and up. MSRP: $29.99
- Under the Lights Projector -- This adorable projector will lull kids to sleep in no time with its cosmic starry night light show and lullaby serenade of the show's theme song. Ages: birth and up. MSRP: $29.99
TOMY introduces this new toddler line comprised of innovative products that come alive and encourage endless hours of play. These magical, interactive toys that develop a child's core skills, are reminiscent of the toys that Mom and Dad loved growing up. Items like the Choo Choo Loop feature classic train play with a twist; as the track can be connected in a loop, allowing the train and track to roll around like a wheel. The Sweet Messages Photobug lets you make photos interactive by recording an individual voice message for each of the eight photographs in the album, while the Waddle N' Go Ducky push 'n' go duck features an engaging walking motion that will bring a smile to any toddlers' face as they chase along.
About TOMY International
TOMY International (www.tomy.com) is a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys sold to preschoolers, youths and adults under the TOMY®, Ertl®, Johnny Lightning® and Tomica® brands as well as products for mothers, infants and toddlers marketed under its The First Years®, Lamaze, JJ Cole® Collections and Boon® brands. TOMY International also markets its products under popular and classic licensed properties such as Chuggington, Pokemon, Dinosaur Train, John Deere, Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, Cars, Fairies and Toy Story, and other well-known properties. TOMY International's mission is to inspire and fulfill the dreams of children and parents worldwide. TOMY International reaches its target consumers through multiple channels of distribution supporting more than 25,000 retail outlets throughout North and South America, Europe and Australia. TOMY International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based TOMY Company, Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code No. 7867). © TOMY
SOURCE TOMY International