SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the 2016 holiday season getting underway, Giving Tuesday is a chance for all of us to give back to those in need. From nuns in New York, to a police officer in Alaska, to a jazz musician donating his kidney to his wife, YouCaring has put together a list of ten of the most inspiring crowdfunding campaigns of 2016. YouCaring (www.youcaring.com) is a Certified B Corp committed to using business as a force for good.
- Heat for the Sisters (Peekskill, NY) - A group of nuns crowdfund to repair their convent.
- Yuan's Dying Wishes (New York, NY) - Newly engaged, a woman receives a terminal cancer diagnoses, and makes the most of it.
- #LiveLikeSusie (San Francisco, CA) - Adam Klein, Survivor Season 33 star, honors his mother who died of lung cancer.
- Puppy Arlo (Houston, TX) - A puppy that was tied to a truck and dragged, fights through a long recovery.
- Support Officer Arn Salao and His Family (Anchorage, AK) - After being shot four times, the Anchorage Police Department rallies to help a fellow officer.
- Bring Nora Grace & Gabriella Home (Spartanburg, SC) - A couple adopted two kids from Ethiopia and now two more China, in addition to caring for eight children of their own.
- Finley's Miracle Surgery to Get Her Dancing Legs (Los Angeles, CA) - A mother raises the money that will allow her daughter to walk.
- Let's Help Lauren Beat Breast Cancer (Danville, CA) - Lauren gave birth to twins, then found out she had breast cancer.
- Born As One Soon to be Two! (Palo Alto, CA) - Conjoined twins will undergo a major operation in the hopes of saving both of their lives.
- Husband & Wife Kidney Transplant Fund (Nashville, TN) - A jazz musician in Nashville donates his kidney to his wife, a special-ed teacher.
To celebrate this Giving Tuesday, YouCaring launched another #YouCaringGives campaign (http://go.youcaring.com/youcaringgives/). YouCaring is donating to selected fundraisers to help them get a step closer to success.
Launched in 2011, YouCaring is a free crowdfunding platform that empowers people to help others through hardships and enjoy happier, healthier lives. The YouCaring community has raised more than $500 million in donations from 6 million supporters – all without charging fees.
Heather Atherton, Actual