Top 10 Things to Do at Jelly Belly Candy Palooza This Weekend
Sep 26, 2013, 04:24 ET
FAIRFIELD, Calif., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jelly Belly Candy Palooza kicks off this Saturday and Sunday (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with plenty of tasty samples, family-friendly rides and activities and free admission and parking. This is the inaugural event celebrating all things sweet, from artisan chocolates to fall favorites, and there's something for everyone. Here are the top 10 things to do and see at Jelly Belly Candy Palooza this weekend:
10. Candy isn't the only fun thing at this festival. The adventurous will enjoy midway games and carnival rides, including a zip line.
9. Local food purveyors and food trucks will serve up delicious dishes, so stay for lunch or an early dinner and dine on the area's favorites.
8. Prefer the savory over sweet? We've got you covered. Local vendors like Jack Slatter will be on hand with a selection of gourmet mustards.
7. Get started on your holiday shopping while supporting local artists and businesses. Browse booths featuring an array of local crafts from ceramic art to jewelry.
6. Take a free self-guided tour of the Jelly Belly factory. Go at your own pace and discover where the candy magic unfolds.
5. Enjoy musical and dance performances throughout the weekend from local entertainers.
4. Think you're not a Candy Corn fan? You will be! A special Candy Cornucopia tent is the place to be for that autumn classic. Taste test Candy Corn Fudge and sample three flavors of Jelly Belly's Giant Corn, which is twice the size of regular Candy Corn.
3. Don't forget the sweet treats. Enjoy delicious cupcakes and cookies. Chef Daniel Bell and his mobile kitchen will also offer sweet treats like cake pops decorated with – what else? – Jelly Belly beans.
2. Sample a variety of Jelly Belly® jelly bean flavors and other confections at the Jelly Belly Sample Bar. What better place to discover new favorites?
1. Chocolate! Upstairs in the chocolate room, attendees can sample from local artisan chocolatiers, and adults can partake in popular pairings at the Jelly Belly Wine & Chocolate Experience.
Free Jelly Belly factory tours throughout the candy festival. Entrance to the festival and parking are free. Visit the Jelly Belly Visitor Center at One Jelly Belly Lane, Fairfield. For more information (800) 953-5592 or visit http://candypalooza.jellybelly.com/.
SOURCE Jelly Belly Candy Company
Share this article