NEW YORK, May 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jeff Bewkes, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Time Warner Inc., will host the Summit
- Ernest LaMont Greer, Co-President, Greenberg Traurig LLP, will deliver concluding remarks
- Eric Holder, the 82nd Attorney General of the United States and a Partner at Covington & Burling, will give keynote remarks in conversation with Jonathan Capehart, Editorial Board, The Washington Post, introduced by Jean Veta, Partner, Covington & Burling
- The Honorable Rufus Gifford, former Ambassador to the Kingdom of Denmark, will make remarks about the United States' global leadership on LGBT+ and business
- Panel discussions include:
- Out on the Street: What Does Inclusion Mean in 2017? The Necessity of Articulating an Intersectional Approach, with:
- Mark McCombe, Head of the Americas, BlackRock, and Global Head, BlackRock Alternative Investors
- Martine Rothblatt, Chief Executive Officer, United Therapeutics
- Mark Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, The New York Times Company
- Moderated by Alexander Saint-Amand, Chief Executive Officer, GLG
- Out in Law: LGBT+ Rights in the Age of Trump – The Private Sector and the Public Interest, with:
- Janet C. Boyd, Director of Government Relations and Legislative Counsel, The Dow Chemical Company
- Rachel B. Tiven, Chief Executive Officer, Lambda Legal
- Tony West, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs, GC and Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo
- Kenji Yoshino, Chief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Constitutional Law, New York University School of Law; Member, Out Leadership Global Advisory Board
More than 250 business leaders will gather today at the seventh annual Out Leadership: U.S. LGBT+ Senior Leader Summit, hosted by Time Warner at the Time Warner Center in New York, and sponsored by Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
"Time Warner is honored to serve for the first time as host for Out Leadership's LGBT+ Senior Leader Summit in the United States," said Jeff Bewkes, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Time Warner Inc. "Across our company, we pride ourselves on being home to the world's best storytellers and helping them share their creativity and passion with audiences across the globe. Cultivating diversity in all its forms — of our content, products and people — is one of our most important business imperatives."
"Greenberg Traurig is proud to continue our tradition of working with Out Leadership on the U.S. Summit and of celebrating diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and the business community. 'Inclusion is Good for Business' is not only an appropriate title for this Summit, but it also describes one of the critical aspects of professional life at our firm. From our inception, we have demonstrated that an inclusive, supportive environment translates into an increase in employee engagement, better client service, and a greater capability for success for everyone," said Brian L. Duffy, Chief Executive Officer of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
"We are proud to stand with the LGBT+ community once more and we are committed to actions that afford or strengthen the inclusion of and opportunities for LGBT+ individuals. Everyone deserves to live and work in an open environment that is safe from discrimination and whose leadership understands and practices inclusion. With approximately 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia, diversity and inclusion are a way of life at Greenberg Traurig," remarked Duffy.
"The business case for LGBT+ inclusion remains stronger than ever, and global businesses remain dedicated to their LGBT+ customers, employees, and leaders — despite the rapid pace of political change around the world," said Todd Sears, Founder and Principal of Out Leadership. "When we started Out Leadership in 2011, with six founding firms in a Deutsche Bank conference room downtown, we believed that business had the opportunity to play a more important role in the global conversation about inclusion and equality for LGBT+ people. That remains our guiding premise, and we've seen it create enormous impact around the world."
About Time Warner Inc.
Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the second largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2016, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com. Twitter: @GT_Law
About Out Leadership
Out Leadership is the global LGBT+ business advisory company, partnering with the world's most influential firms to build business opportunity, cultivate talent, and drive equality forward. Including LGBT+ people at all levels powerfully benefits bottom lines. We help companies realize their Return on Equality™.
Out Leadership is a certified B Corp. For more information about our global initiatives or to learn about our advisory work, please visit www.outleadership.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/top-executives-convene-at-7th-annual-out-leadership-us-2017-lbgt-senior-leader-summit-to-discuss-the-role-of-business-in-creating-and-sustaining-inclusion-in-an-uncertain-world-300452224.html
SOURCE Out Leadership