SEATTLE, Jan. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Online business education and career guide Top Management Degrees (http://www.topmanagementdegrees.com/) has published a ranking of the twenty-five best schools for earning an online master's degree in sport management.
The ranking, which can be viewed at http://www.topmanagementdegrees.com/best-online-masters-degrees-in-sports-management/, lists Central Michigan University at the top spot, followed by North Carolina State University at number two, and Fort Hays State University at number three.
Other schools making the list include (alphabetically ordered):
- American Public University -- Charles Town, West Virginia
- Canisius College -- Buffalo, New York
- Concordia University-St. Paul -- Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Duquesne University -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Georgia Southern University -- Statesboro, Georgia
- Gonzaga University -- Spokane, Washington
- Indiana University-Bloomington -- Bloomington, Indiana
- Liberty University -- Lynchburg, Virginia
- Lynn University -- Boca Raton, Florida
- Missouri State University -- Springfield, Missouri
- Northcentral University -- Prescott Valley, Arizona
- Northeastern University -- Boston, Massachusetts
- Ohio University -- Athens, Ohio
- Old Dominion University -- Norfolk, Virginia
- Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, Florida
- Southeast Missouri State University -- Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Texas A&M University -- College Station, Texas
- Tiffin University -- Tiffin, Ohio
- University of Florida -- Gainesville, Florida
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign -- Champaign, Illinois
- Washington State University -- Pullman, Washington
- Western Kentucky University -- Bowling Green, Kentucky
All accredited schools offering an online master's program in sports management were considered. Drawing on the most recent data from U.S. News & World Report and The National Center for Education and Statistics, schools were ranked based on faculty credentials, student services and technology, student engagement, admissions selectivity, peer assessment, student satisfaction, and tuition costs. The scores were calculated by weighing the scores as follows: faculty credentials at 15%, student services and technology at 20%, student engagement at 20%, admissions selectivity at 5%, peer assessment at 10%, student satisfaction at 15%, and tuition costs at 15%.
Sports organizations are able to offer business professionals countless opportunities in this growing industry. Professionals trained in facility and event management, marketing, administration, compliance, sales, finance, and fundraising can find their place in this exciting industry. And with the expected growth in the sports industry, which is reported to grow to $145.3 billion by 2015, there are many opportunities for educated and well-trained managers.
According to Tammie Cagle, Editor of Top Management Degrees, a ranking of the best schools for online master's degrees in sports management makes it easier for students interested in a career in sports identify the highest quality online programs. "A master's degree in sports management can help give professionals a competitive advantage in obtaining and advancing in the sports industry. Not only can students advance their personal, professional, and financial goals with a master's degree in sport management, but with an online degree they can do it within the busy confines of their current," Cagle said.
Top Management Degrees is an independent online resource for information about business and management education and careers. The site publishes rankings and reviews of top business and management degree programs, financial aid options for business students, career guides, and more.
Tammie Cagle - Editor
Top Management Degrees
SOURCE Top Management Degrees