SEATTLE, Jan. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Online business education and career guide Top Management Degrees (http://www.topmanagementdegrees.com/) has published a ranking of the top 25 best schools for online bachelor's degrees in sport management.
The ranking, which can be viewed at http://www.topmanagementdegrees.com/best-online-bachelors-degrees-in-sports-management/, lists The University of Florida in the number one spot, followed by the American Public University at number two, and McKendree University at number three.
Other schools making the list include (alphabetically ordered):
- AIB College of Business -- Des Moines, Iowa
- American Military University -- Charles Town, West Virginia
- Ashford University -- Clinton, Iowa
- Buena Vista University -- Storm Lake, Iowa
- Columbia College -- Columbia, Missouri
- Columbia Southern University -- Orange Beach, Alabama
- Concordia University Chicago -- River Forest, Illinois
- Concordia University-St. Paul -- Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Davenport University -- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Grand Canyon University -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Liberty University -- Lynchburg, Virginia
- Mercy College -- Dobbs Ferry, New York
- Midway College -- Midway, Kentucky
- Missouri Baptist University -- St. Louis, Missouri
- Post University -- Waterbury, Connecticut
- Salem International University -- Salem, West Virginia
- Shorter University -- Rome, Georgia
- Southern New Hampshire University -- Manchester, New Hampshire
- Troy University -- Troy, Alabama
- United States Sports Academy -- Daphne, Alabama
- University of Minnesota-Crookston -- Crookston, Minnesota
- Webber International University -- Babson Park, Florida
The ranking is based on the most recent data from U.S. News & World Report and The National Center for Education Statistics. All accredited U.S. colleges and universities offering an online bachelor's program in sport management were considered. Schools were ranked based on student engagement, faculty credentials, student services and technology, peer assessment, student satisfaction, and tuition costs. The scores were calculated by weighing the scores as follows: student engagement at 25%, faculty credentials at 15%, student services and technology at 25%, peer assessment at 10%, student satisfaction at 10%, and tuition costs at 15%.
The sports industry is a large and diverse industry that includes professional sports organizations, sporting goods manufacturers and sellers, sports and fitness clubs, nonprofit organizations, intercollegiate athletics, community recreation organizations, and parks and recreation departments. This industry needs trained professionals in facility and event management, marketing, administration, human resources, compliance, sales, finance, and fundraising.
According to Tammie Cagle, Editor of Top Management Degrees, "The sports industry is expected to grow to $145.3 billion in 2015, and there are many opportunities for educated and well-trained professionals."
"An online program allows future leaders to gain important education while leaving room in their schedule to gain experience in the sport industry," Cagle said. This ranking helps prospective students identify the highest quality online sport management programs available.
Top Management Degrees is an independent online resource for information about business and management education and careers. The site publishes rankings and reviews of top business and management degree programs, financial aid options for business students, career guides, and more.
Tammie Cagle - Editor
Top Management Degrees
SOURCE Top Management Degrees