CHICAGO, Jan. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Twenty of the world's most renowned pediatric surgeons are featured in a new web article published by Top Master's in Healthcare Administration. "20 Most Innovative Pediatric Surgeons Alive Today" profiles the career achievements of 20 medical doctors who are saving and improving the lives of children around the world. The article is available for download at TopMastersinHealthcare.com: http://www.topmastersinhealthcare.com/20-most-innovative-pediatric-surgeons-alive-today
The medical professionals named in the article have made noteworthy strides in areas of fetal and pediatric surgery, cardiac procedures, organ transplantation and ophthalmology as well as craniofacial, plastic and reconstructive surgeries. Many of the pediatricians on the list are involved in worldwide outreach programs that assist ailing children in the poorest areas. According the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for surgeons in rural areas is particularly acute, and the TopMastersinHealthcare.com article is meant to inspire prospective medical students to become pediatric surgeons.
Below is the complete list of 20 Most Innovative Pediatric Surgeons Alive Today and their associated universities, hospitals and institutions:
- Scott P. Bartlett, M.D. - Perelman School of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania; International Society of Craniofacial Surgery.
- Stephen Bolsin, M.D. - British Royal Infirmary; Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists; Department of Perioperative Medicine at Geelong Hospital.
- Redmond P. Burke, M.D. - Congenital Heart Institute at the Miami Children's Hospital; Arnold Palmer Hospital.
- K. M. Cherian, M.D. - Christian Medical College Hospital; University of Oregon; Yangzhou University.
- Frederic Deleyiannis, M.D. - Children's Hospital of Denver; University of Colorado Anschutz Medical School.
- Stephen Elliot Dolgin, M.D. - Lenox Hill Hospital; North Shore University Hospital; Hofstra NS-Long Island Jewish Medical School.
- Francois Fontan, M.D. and Guillermo Kreutzer, M.D. - Co-creators of the life-saving Fontan Cardiac Procedure.
- Bill Frist, M.D. - Stanford University School of Medicine; Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Michael R. Harrison, M.D. - University of California, San Francisco Fetal Treatment Center.
- Munci Kalayoglu, M.D. - Founder of the Liver Transplantation Program at University of Wisconsin.
- Jessica Kandel, M.D. - University of Chicago; Boston Children's Hospital; Columbia University.
- Tomoaki Kato, M.D. - Columbia University Medical Center; University of Miami School of Medicine.
- Burton J. Kushner, M.D. - University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School; Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (JAAPOS).
- John G. Meara, M.D., D.M.D. - Harvard Medical School; Advanced Fetal Care Center of Children's Hospital Boston.
- Henry Metz, M.D. - University of Rochester Eye Institute; JAAPOS.
- Marilyn T. Miller, M.D. - First president of JAAPOS; University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
- John Pratt-Johnson, M.D. - University of British Columbia; JAAPOS.
- Mohammed Rela, M.D. - Royal College of Surgeons; King's College Hospital.
- Anthony Sandler, M.D. - National Medical Center; George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Mark Urata, D.D.S., M.D. - Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
About: The Top Master's in Healthcare Administration website is dedicated to furthering the careers of medical professionals through quality education. TopMastersinHealthcare.com provides free information and recommendations for Master's in Healthcare degree programs and a variety of healthcare careers.
Contact: Shel Goldstein
Read more news from Top Masters in Healthcare.
SOURCE Top Masters in Healthcare