XI'AN, China, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- International Coverage and Transmission Conference (ICTC)
- Leading Chinese operator Topway achieves strong quality of service (QoS) with Broadcom's cost-effective DOCSIS®-based EoC solution.
- Broadcom's new DOCSIS-based EoC now offers 800Mbps, supporting future apps such as video conferencing and IP Video, and facilitating triple network convergence.
- Broadcom is actively participating in the NGB (Next Generation Broadcasting) working group, led by SARFT, the Chinese government agency overseeing broadcasting.
- Broadcom is making contributions to the standardization process of DOCSIS-based EoC led by Topway and major cable operators in China.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that Topway has successfully completed its test based on Broadcom's DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture.
See Broadcom's demonstration and keynote speech at ICTC 2011 in Xi'an, Booth #T6.
- Topway can take advantage of the benefits of DOCSIS technology while providing an economical architecture to implement triple play services to multi-dwelling units (MDUs) and homes in China.
- By leveraging existing EPON and GPON standards and employing DOCSIS technology as part of a customized 'final 100 meter' solution, Broadcom's DOCSIS-based EoC cable architecture is a complete chipset and software solution that includes Coax Media Converter (CMC), DOCSIS 2.0 and 3.0 cable modem, and set-top box (STB) SoC solutions.
- Broadcom's DOCSIS-based EoC solution expands to now include support for EPON, GPON and Point-to-Point Ethernet networks.
- DOCSIS specifications describe standardized and interoperable technology approaches featuring powerful QoS methods with both EPON and GPON technology that is already successfully deployed in China.
- The CMC transitions the DOCSIS-based customer premise equipment (CPE) from the MDU coaxial network to the EPON and GPON fiber network.
Dr. Xu Jiangshan, CTO of Topway
"We have been working with Broadcom's DOCSIS-based EoC solution since last year's ICTC, and we are now pleased to behold the outcome of our test with Broadcom, where we realized significant performance and QoS benefits. We look forward to future deployments with Broadcom and accelerating the deployment of China's NGB initiative."
Ernie Bahm, Senior Director, Cable Head-End Marketing, Broadcom
"The conclusion of Topway's successful network test is a testament to our highly effective DOCSIS-based EoC solution that drives triple network convergence in China."
Subscribe to RSS Feed: Broadband Communications Group
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. DOCSIS®, is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband