IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division, today announced that its IPedge® Software-Only business communication solution has been awarded a 2017 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the year Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company. The winners of the 2017 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year are featured in the INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine's January 2017 issue.
"It gives me great pleasure to recognize Toshiba with a 2017 Product of the Year Award," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Toshiba's IPedge has proven to be among the best IP communications solutions available on the market, demonstrating Toshiba's commitment to excellence and innovation."
"We are honored to receive a 2017 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award for our IPedge Software-only Solution, which enables users to gain all the advantages of our IPedge on-site solutions in a virtualized environment," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager for Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
Toshiba's new IPedge® Software-only business communication solution delivers powerful capabilities that address key customer requirements for ease of deployment in a software-only solution. Toshiba's virtualized IPedge software runs in a customer-provided VMware environment or on industry-standard servers.
Designed for small to mid-size businesses and smaller enterprises, IPedge Software-only solution includes multi-site networking and enhanced collaborative applications and integrations that improve communication among staff, colleagues and customers. It can be deployed on-site, in the cloud or in conjunction with Toshiba's VIPedge® for a Hybrid Cloud solution.
One industry-standard server handles the call control, productivity and communications needs, including call processing, unified communications, mobility, contact center and centralized administration.
New IPedge Software-only Solution Delivers Virtualized Deployment
Deployed in a customer-provided VMware environment, Toshiba's IPedge virtualized Software-only solution is a good fit for IT-centric organizations and data centers that utilize virtualization technology as a way to consolidate multiple applications on a single platform. IPedge software can also co-reside with Toshiba's contact center and reporting software on this single server for added hardware and computing resource efficiencies that translate into significant capital, operational and energy savings.
Built-in Meet-me Audio and Web Collaboration for Enhanced Productivity
Toshiba extends the built-in IPedge Meet-me Audio Conference application with new, fully integrated Web desktop sharing and collaboration. The new WebRTC-based IPedge Meet-me Conference capability enables quick, on-demand or scheduled audio and Web conferences (using a Scheduler feature for conference reservation, participant control and real-time and historical details) with the added security of assigning and sending out PIN numbers to all participants invited to the conference. Four audio and currently eight web collaboration channel licenses are included for free. Additional audio and Web collaboration channels are easily activated.
Networking Capacity Increase for Growing and Distributed Companies
To meet the needs of growing, multi-site customers, Toshiba's engineering team has effectively quadrupled the networking capacity among IPedge servers and Strata® CIX systems, including mixed environments with as many as 512 nodes. Each IPedge system can serve up to 1,000 users per site for a total of 512,000 users. This significant increase in scale will serve and support larger organizations that need to network multiple systems to expand capacity or to unify geographically dispersed locations as one company-wide network.
Benefits of Toshiba's networking solution include:
- Allows up to 512 nodes on a single network of IPedge and Strata CIX systems, including mixed environments that include both system types;
- Supports larger and growing organizations that need to network multiple locations and meet expanding capacity needs;
- Unifies geographically dispersed locations as one company-wide network with a seamless user and caller experience;
- Centralizes attendant, voice mail, SMDR, DSS/BLF and other services across all nodes;
- Automatically re-routes calls around network disruptions for maximum resiliency and continued communications;
- Saves costs by voiding long-distance charges on calls among dispersed locations;
- Supports redundancy by configuring multiple IPedge systems.
Messaging, Call Accounting and Salesforce CRM Integration
Additional IPedge features address important capabilities related to messaging, call accounting and Salesforce® CRM integration.
- The internal IPedge Messaging function supports more flexible notification operations through a simple and straightforward interface while a fax driver enhancement eliminates Java® requirements and allows the driver to run in the latest Internet Explorer®, Microsoft Edge™, Chrome™ and Firefox® browsers.
- The built-in IPedge Call Accounting capability includes report generation options (PDF, HTML or CSV formats) and new administrative options, including direct downloads and zip files.
- Toshiba's Plug-in for Salesforce.com for screen pops, click-to-dial and call history integration with Salesforce.com provides a transfer and conference capability from the Plug-in window for easier screen-based telephony operation as well as handling of multiple calls by agents. See the press release here.
About INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine
INTERNET TELEPHONY has been the IP Communications Authority since 1998™. Beginning with the first issue, INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine has been providing unbiased views of the complicated converged communications space. For more information, please visit www.itmag.com. Follow INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine on Twitter or join our Linked In group. Subscribe or visit www.itmag.com.
Global buyers rely on TMC's content-driven marketplaces to make purchase decisions and navigate markets. This presents branding, thought leadership and lead generation opportunities for vendors/sellers.
- Unique, turnkey Online Communities boost search results, establish market validation, elevate brands and thought leadership, while minimizing ad-blocking.
- Custom Lead Programs uncover sales opportunities and build databases.
- In-Person and Online Events boost brands, enhance thought leadership and generate leads.
- Publications, Display Advertising and Newsletters bolster brand reputations.
- Custom Content provides expertly ghost-crafted blogs, press releases, articles and marketing collateral to help with SEO, branding, and overall marketing efforts.
- Comprehensive Event and Road Show Management Services help companies meet potential clients and generate leads face-to-face.
For more information about TMC and to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals, please visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the six business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into three focus business fields: Energy that sustains everyday life, that is cleaner and safer; Infrastructure that sustains quality of life; and Storage that sustains the advanced information society. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of 550 consolidated companies employing 188,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 5.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) (as of March 31, 2016).
To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For additional information, or to purchase Toshiba telecommunication products, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com for an Authorized Toshiba Dealer.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2017 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
203-852-6800, ext. 170
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/toshiba-receives-2017-internet-telephony-product-of-the-year-award-for-ipedge-software-only-business-communication-solution-300399341.html
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems - Telecommunication Systems Division