TAMARAC, Fla., June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Shopping cart software leader 3DCart today announced the release of 3DCart 3.2, a major new version that brings online shopping into the realm of social media and mobile computing. For the first time, 3DCart retailers can post their products to Twitter or Facebook with a single click, easily integrate YouTube videos into product descriptions, and allow buyers to browse and buy from their iPhones and smartphones.
Other major additions in Version 3.2 include 30 new and appealing storefront templates, a new drag-and-drop edit bar, built-in photo editing using Picnik, 3DZoom product close-ups and more. Together, the upgrades in Version 3.2 represent one of the biggest advancements yet for 3DCart.
For over ten years, 3DCart has been the easiest and most effective way to operate a successful online retail business. More than 5,200 merchants across the U.S. and around the world depend on 3DCart for their daily online sales activity. Unique among shopping cart platforms, 3DCart gives retailers the ability to customize their online stores to fit their unique needs including multiple "ship to" options, customer-facing CRM features, and easy-to-use customer browsing analytics, among other capabilities. Perhaps best of all, 3DCart is priced by storefront capacity, not feature set, ensuring that all features are available to every merchant regardless of their sales volume.
"Shoppers are embracing social media and mobile computing by the millions. It's only natural that 3DCart, one of the most advanced shopping carts, should support these megatrends," said Jimmy Rodriguez, chief technical officer for 3DCart. "With the debut of Version 3.2, our merchants can now make social media a part of their product marketing programs in just seconds. And our iPhone and smartphone support means retailers can not only open up their stores to mobile shoppers, but also access their storefronts themselves from anywhere in order to view site activity, view or manage orders, or use CRM to interact with customers."
Over 50 New Features
3DCart 3.2 offers over 50 new features in all, giving retailers more ways to turbocharge their online businesses. Major elements of the new version include:
- Social Media Integration—One-click posting of products to Twitter and Facebook plus the ability to integrate YouTube videos on product pages with a single clock. Version 3.2 also offers built-in blog support, giving merchants the ability to promote merchandise through direct blog links.
- iPhone and Smartphone Support—In addition to enabling customers to view, shop and complete purchases using any smartphone or iPhone, Version 3.2 gives authorized employees remote access to an mCommerce application. The app will allow these authorized users to interact with the 3DCart store, viewing daily site activity, viewing and managing orders, interacting with customers and more.
- 30 New Templates—The additions to the template gallery will give 3DCart merchants more ways to create a look that is uniquely their own.
- Picnik Integration—Picnik, recently acquired by Google, makes it easy to edit photos without specialized training. It lets users instantly resize a photo, change colors or contrast, crop images, fix redeye, sharpen images and more. By building Picnik into 3DCart, it's now a snap to turning average product photos into images that sell like never before.
- 3DZoom—Research shows that 77% of online prospects are "very to somewhat" influenced by content quality when deciding to buy. The addition of 3DZoom allows shoppers to instantly see a large, zoomed version of any product image, simply by placing their cursor on top of the photo.
- Other additions—Version 3.2 also incorporates a new drag-and-drop edit bar, redesigned administrative panel, and seamless third-party integration with Fulfillment by Amazon, Power Reviews, ShipWorks 2.9, FusioNBot, GoDataFeed, and TrueShip.
Finally, 3DCart 3.2 offers agencies and designers a new white label reseller option to increase their branding and revenue, while new APIs for developers that provide unparalleled custom control.
Free Trial Account
3DCart 3.2 is immediately available to current and new users. For a complete feature list, or to register for a free 15-day trial of 3DCart, go to www.3DCart.com.
3DCart (www.3DCart.com) is a complete e-commerce solution for new or existing websites. The company's services include the tools, advice, support, and technology to manage an entire online operation, so clients can focus on managing their orders. 3DCart is able to design and implement innovative web solutions to meet a company's specific requirements. Whether clients are looking to update their existing web store or develop a completely new design, 3DCart maintains a flexible approach to ensure they provide the right solution for the company. One monthly fee pays for the store setup, security, design, and maintenance.