MANCHESTER, England, September 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Friday's totejackpot is set to hit a record £2.5million after punters failed to land the bet for the ninth successive day, leaving a rollover of £1,262,152 which is carried forward to tomorrow's meeting at Newmarket.
Only a single ticket remained after the fourth leg but the punter managed to get through to the last leg after Times Up won the Jockey Club Rose Bowl in impressive fashion from Chiberta King.
The one remaining unit then went on to Swiss Dream in the final leg but the race proved to be agonising viewing as Nicky Mackay's mount couldn't quite get to long time leader La Fortunata to deny the punter a payout of £896,127.
The rollover of £1,262,152 is the biggest in the history of the bet and tomorrow's total pool is expected to surpass the largest ever pool of £2,308,852 at Haydock Park back in August of last year.
"The totejackpot at Newmarket looks set to smash all records on Friday and hopefully a punter will win a life changing amount and become an instant millionaire," said Betfred boss Fred Done who recently became the new owner of the Totepool.
The current record totejackpot dividend came on 8th March this year when heating engineer Steve Whiteley landed £1,445,671 at Exeter having staked just £2 on the bet.
The totejackpot was last won at Yarmouth on Tuesday 13th September and the bet itself was first launched at Royal Ascot back in 1966.
totejackpot - Top Ten Dividends
- Exeter (8th March 2011) £1,445,671.20
- Aintree (4th April 2008) £510,955.60
- Newmarket (3rd October 2003) £494,880.00
- Pontefract (9th June 2008) £442,863.41
- Kempton (2nd September 2006) £380,240.50
- Newbury (21st Jun 2011) £362,765.00
- Doncaster (24th October 1998) £362,203.80
- Nottingham (23rd June 1997) £357,519.10
- Uttoxeter (18th March 1995) £347,415.50
- Ascot (21st June 1997) £335,618.20
totejackpot - Top Ten Rollovers
- Newmarket (23rd September 2011) £1,262,152.00
- Exeter (22nd March 1995) £1,127,824.07
- Exeter (8th March 2011) £989,008.00
- Haydock Park (5th August 2010) £981,875.00
- Carlisle (18th March 2007) £931,416.00
- Newmarket (10th July 2008) £868,754.00
- Hereford (20th March 2006) £807,468.51
- Nottingham (23rd April 2008) £754,187.00
- Newbury (21st June 2011) £624,866.00
- Brighton (9th August 2000) £621,255.64
totejackpot - Top Ten Pools
- Haydock Park (5th August 2010) £2,308.852.00
- Exeter (22nd March 1995) £2,050,651.58
- Exeter (8th March 2011) £2,035,538.00
- Carlisle (18th March 2007) £1,841,587.00
- Newmarket (10th July 2008) £1,695,092.00
- Nottingham (23rd April 2008) £1,645,295.50
- Newton Abbot (21st March 2010) £1,578.888.50
- Hereford (20th March 2006) £1,501,478.01
- Brighton (9th August 2000) £1,367,580.89
- Newton Abbot (20 March 2011) £1,360,852.00
totejackpot - Top Ten Turnover Days
- Haydock Park (5th August 2010) £1,326,977.00
- Exeter (8th March 2011) £1,046,530.00
- Newton Abbot (21st March 2010) £984,469.50
- Exeter (22nd March 1995) £922,827.51
- Carlisle (18th March 2007) £910,171.00
- Nottingham (23rd April 2008) £891,108.50
- Newton Abbot (20th March 2011) £848,530.00
- Newmarket (10th July 2008) £826,338.00
- Brighton (9th August 2000) £746,325.25
- Newmarket (22nd September 2011) £711,298.50
Contact: Mark Pearson / firstname.lastname@example.org