TOTSY Brings Moms the Fashion Dos and Don'ts of Back to School Style for Their Kids
Avoid Awkward and Embarrassing First Day Photos, Your Kids Will Thank you Later!
Aug 16, 2012, 04:11 ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Long gone are the days of awkward haircuts and uncomfortable first day of school outfits! TOTSY (http://www.TOTSY.com), the leading private sale site exclusively dedicated to delivering deals on must-haves for parents, babies and kids, put together some of their best back-to-school pointers for an impressive way to start the new school year.
Mom or not, most people can recall some of their awkward and embarrassing first day outfits or have the pictures to haunt them, and to this day ask their parents "Why did you let me go to school like that?" So even if mom's holding onto the hope that her young ones will wear those oh-so-adorable suspenders she picked out, TOTSY.com thinks maybe it'll be alright if they are put aside—after all, comfort is always in style!
For every don't, TOTSY's got a do! Here are some tips to pack along with those freshly sharpened pencils and bagged lunch so everyone can look and be their best this year:
- DON'T make them wear anything too matching, whether it's a boldly patterned top and bottom paired together (yikes!), or the matching licensed character ensemble (a Cars t-shirt and pants? So pajama-esque!). Or even worse, matching with their siblings…
- DO leave the blankie at home! It's okay to tell your kid to leave their favorite stuffed animal behind. One day they'll thank you for it!
- DON'T get too fussy over their outfits. Leave the fancy dresses and vests at home—we all know arts and crafts time and the leftover lunch ends up smeared everywhere. Everywhere.
- DON'T ever forget a kid's greatest accessory—their smile!
- DO remember that what was considered cute when they were sitting in high-chairs and strollers may not be quite as adorable now. Look at them head off to school with the other kids—they're growing up!
- DON'T let them leave without a hug and kiss! They may seem too cool for plastic lunchboxes or Velcro sneakers, but don't let them forget that mom never goes out of style!
- DO your research and buy this year's hottest accessories in advance. Last minute shopping always leaves your kids with oddly colored and patterned backpacks, notebooks, pencil pouches and such. Shopping beforehand also ensures that you won't forget the necessities!
- DON'T overdo the hairdo! Go back to the basics with her and try some wavy curls, soft and patterned headbands, ponytail or bun. Meanwhile test out rock n' trendy 'dos with the boys—the classmates will love a mild faux-hawk but hate the bowl cut!
"TOTSY knows the start of the school year is one of the most stressful times of the year for parents, with stocking up on endless school supplies, lining up carpools and having to say goodbye to your kids every morning," says Diana D. Heather, TOTSY.com's Chief Mom. "We want to help calm first day jitters with these fashion dos and don'ts so moms have one less thing to worry about!" adds Heather.
Headquartered in New York, TOTSY is a privately held company dedicated to providing its members with access to essential products and brands designed for expecting moms, parents, babies and kids at sample sale prices. Shopping events are designer-specific and held over a 72 hour period. Membership is free of charge and by invitation only. For more information, please visit http://www.TOTSY.com.
Share this article