There's Nothing Like Australia...In your pocket
LOS ANGELES, June 9, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tourism Australia has turned to its loyal army of 1.5 million Facebook fans to help develop a new Smartphone app, aimed at inspiring travelers to visit Australia and making their holiday easier and fun when they get Down Under.
- Access up to 3,500 photos of destinations, attractions and experiences throughout Australia
- Search by state, city or type of experience or shuffle through images randomly, finding surprise after surprise
- Find the nearest Australian travel specialist wherever they are in the world
- Locate the closest 50 holiday experiences, using the app's "Near Me Now" function
- Connect easily to Tourism Australia's website, Australia.com
- Save or share favourite photos and experiences with family and friends via Facebook, Twitter or email
The original There's nothing like Australia app was developed by Tourism Australia's digital marketing team and revealed exclusively to its Facebook users in April, when they were invited to download it and put it through its paces. Nearly 20,000 users downloaded the app within the first three weeks of it being launched, making it iTunes Australia's number one rated free travel app.
A new map view has been added which allows users to see exactly where key attractions and experiences are located. New Chinese, Japanese and Korean language versions of the app have also been produced.
From hot air ballooning over the nation's capital Canberra and climbing the world famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, to getting up close and personal with kangaroos, koalas and even the sea lions at Kangaroo Bay, you can now sample the wonders of this great country right from your phone.
There's even a function to help you get in contact with a specialized Australian travel agent to plan your next Australian vacation.
The launch is supported by mobile advertising on travel and lifestyle sites with an estimated reach of 28MM impressions.
The updated iPhone and Android apps will be officially launched on June 30.
Tourism Australia is on the web at www.australia.com.
SOURCE Tourism Australia