WASHINGTON, March 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) announced today that Michael DeSimone, president and CEO of ShopKeep, will give the closing keynote at TRANSACT Tech New York City, a one-day event presented in partnership with the International Biometrics + Identity Association (IBIA). The event will focus on next-generation frictionless commerce and how the payments space is embracing new approaches for authentication. TRANSACT Tech New York City is scheduled to run from 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM on Tuesday, March 13, at the American Express Tower in Manhattan.
As the company's CEO, DeSimone leads strategy for ShopKeep to grow and scale its point of sale and payments technology business. The cloud-based point of sale and payments technology solution serves over 24,000 small businesses and processed approximately $8 billion in transactions in 2017. Their platform, which turns a tablet into a smart connected cash register, integrates next-gen technologies like biometrics and software.
Panels during TRANSACT Tech New York City will include discussions around the future of seamless authentication methods that utilize biometrics and artificial intelligence; how new payment methods and point-of-sale innovations have changed the way payments technology companies, merchants and consumers approach data security; and how merchants and their partners adapt to consumer-driven adoption of technology.
The full programming schedule for TRANSACT Tech New York City can be found online and below:
- 10:00am – Opening Keynote
- Luke Gebb, Senior Vice President, AMEX Digital Labs
- 10:45am – Networking Break
- 11:00am – Next Generation Authentication
- Laura Hart, Vice President Business Operations, Qualcomm Cyber Security Solutions (QCSS), Moderator
- Neil Costigan, CEO, Behaviosec
- Jens Henrichsen, Senior Vice President of Sales & Business Development, NuData
- Sunil Madu, CEO and Founder, Socure
- 11:45am – Networking Lunch
- 12:45pm – Maximizing Security
- Craig Ross, Apple, Moderator
- Jerome Ajdenbaum, Vice President of Business Development, IDEMIA
- Mark Clifton, President and CEO, Princeton Identity
- Allen Friedman, Director of Payment Solutions, Ingenico
- Benny Silberstein, Founder, PayRix
- 1:30pm – Frictionless Commerce at the Point of Sale
- David True, Partner, Paygility Advisors, Moderator
- Ron Arad, Vice President of Supply Chain, MM.LaFleur
- Avi Kraner, Owner, Morton Williams
- Dina Shaaltiel, Vice President of Operations, Alorica
- 2:15pm – Networking Break
- 3:00pm -Investing in Partnerships
- Terry Hsiao, CEO, Hook Mobile, Moderator
- Jen Byrne, President, Quesnay
- Ben Malka, Partner, F-Prime Capital
- Jeff Pulver, Vice Chairman, Alchemist
- 3:45pm - Closing Keynote and Fireside Chat
- Michael DeSimone, CEO, Shopkeep
- 4:30pm - Networking Reception
Sponsors of the event include American Express, IBIA and Loeb & Loeb.
ETA runs a series of one-day TRANSACT Tech events to bring leading-edge banking, retail and FinTech companies together with innovative startups and venture capitalists. Upcoming events include TRANSACT Tech New York City, TRANSACT Tech Atlanta, TRANSACT Tech Washington D.C. and TRANSACT Tech San Francisco.
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) is the global trade association representing more than 500 payments and technology companies. ETA members make commerce possible by processing more than $5 trillion in purchases in the U.S. and deploying payments innovation to merchants and consumers.