VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Dec. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Featured driver information and connected infotainment solutions will include:
- Larger, fully reconfigurable, high-resolution displays
- Broad range of head-up displays (HUD) for mass market vehicles; in-vehicle HUD concept providing "contextual" information to driver
- Latest display technology – from curved lenses to thin, richly bright organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays
- Advanced concepts including 3-D gesture technology to reduce driver distraction and enhance user experience
- CEO Sachin Lawande to participate on panel addressing in-vehicle security; will also speak at J.P. Morgan tech forum
Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) will demonstrate vehicle cockpit electronics products and technology designed to deliver a rich, connected driving experience at CES® 2016 from Jan. 6-9, 2016, in Las Vegas.
This will be Visteon's 17th year as an exhibitor at The International CES (Consumer Electronics Show®) – one of the longest-running participation levels of any automotive company. Interactive displays and vehicles will showcase Visteon's expertise in instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, connected audio, and connectivity and telematics. Visteon's exhibit will be in the Central Plaza (CP20) at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
As a technology company focused on vehicle cockpit electronics, Visteon will demonstrate how it is well-positioned to provide automakers with a full range of products in a segment that research shows has a huge influence on customer satisfaction – and which is projected to grow more than twice as fast as the overall automotive market.
"CES is an ideal venue to showcase how Visteon is transforming the cockpit electronics experience," said President and CEO Sachin Lawande. "We will demonstrate how we are applying software and new technology – from gesture support and facial identification to curved and organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays – to change how drivers and passengers interact with information and entertainment more safely, securely and enjoyably."
Lawande will participate on a panel on "Automotive Security Solutions – Full of Promise" from 10:15-11:15 a.m. on Jan. 6 in the North Hall of the LVCC. This panel will survey how existing and emerging technologies can deliver safer, more secure cars and driving experiences. Lawande also will participate in the J.P. Morgan 14th Annual Tech Forum on Jan. 6 at the Bellagio Hotel.
In addition to the latest technology in its core product lines, Visteon will showcase SmartCore™, a security-focused approach to cockpit module consolidation that addresses the increasing complexity of cockpit electronics to improve the driving experience. The SmartCore™ technology on display at CES will integrate the latest infotainment, instrument clusters, head-up displays (HUD) and advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) domains.
Advanced concepts will be spotlighted through an interactive vehicle cockpit simulator and two vehicles at Visteon's exhibit. In the cockpit simulator, the latest Visteon human-machine interaction (HMI) input technologies come together to deliver a unique user experience through predictive options based on contextual and historical user data. One vehicle will feature 3-D gesture technology for driver information and infotainment systems that can reduce driver distraction and enhance the user experience. The other vehicle will have a windshield head-up display, with an extra-large, high-resolution screen capable of delivering contextual information to the driver without being prompted for it.
Highlights of Visteon's core product lines at CES will include:
- Instrument clusters – Larger, higher-resolution displays, migrating toward 3-D graphics, are the new norm – and Visteon will showcase advanced clusters that provide driver information for all vehicle segments, including high-end, fully reconfigurable clusters.
- Head-up displays – Visteon will display multiple HUD applications, including four levels of combiner HUD products that bring head-up technology to mass-market vehicles.
- Information displays – Automotive-ready concepts on display will incorporate the consumer appeal of sleek design, craftsmanship and touch capability while utilizing the latest in display technology – including curved lenses optically bonded with formable touch sensors and flexible displays.
- Infotainment – Based on Open Standards technology, Visteon infotainment systems provide embedded content, a driver-centric user interface and enhanced cyber security.
- Connected audio – Visteon's OpenAir® audio products combine smartphone and wearable content with an intuitive interface for a superior listening experience.
- Connectivity and telematics – Visteon will highlight global solutions designed to provide safe, seamless connectivity in and around the vehicle – keeping it up to date with the next generation of technology and services.
Visteon product experts will be available throughout CES to discuss topics such as what's next on the technology readiness roadmap to autonomous driving.
CES 2016 is owned and produced by The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™, the trade association representing the $285 billion U.S. consumer technology industry.
Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world's major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, connected audio, and connectivity and telematics; its brands include Lightscape®, OpenAir® and SmartCore™. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has nearly 11,000 employees at 50 facilities in 19 countries. Visteon had $3.1 billion in electronics sales over the last 12 months. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
www.twitter.com/visteon www.youtube.com/visteon http://blog.visteon.com www.google.com/+visteon www.linkedin.com/company/visteon https://www.facebook.com/VisteonCorporation https://www.instagram.com/visteon/ http://www.slideshare.net/VisteonCorporation https://vine.co/u/1264235937429684224
SOURCE Visteon Corporation