BOSTON, March 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Vantage Deluxe World Travel, the leader in solo travel, is adding new itineraries, solo-only departures and expanding accommodations for the solo traveler in 2020. Sixty-two solo cabins have been added to the company's fleet of six owned ships—for a total of 90 solo cabins; all of them are supplement-free for singles, adding up to thousands of dollars in savings for the best experience at an exceptional value.
According to a survey by Booking.com, 40% of Baby Boomers have taken a solo trip in the past year and 65% of US women are taking vacations without their partner.
"Solo travel is gaining in popularity," said Henry Lewis, Founder and Chairman of Vantage Deluxe World Travel. "We recognized early on that not all travel is done in pairs or groups, and so we continue to make strides to not only accommodate solo travelers, but cater to them and their unique needs."
In 2020, Vantage will offer 16 new solo-only departures on eight favorite adventures. These intimate journeys, enjoyed by a group of 16 people or fewer, will take likeminded travelers to India, the Silk Road of Central Asia, Ireland's cultural capitals and northwest counties, Mongolia, Australia & New Zealand, Africa, or Italy. To book a reservation, please call 1-888-514-1845. For more information, please visit vantagesolo.com.
Vantage's addition of 62 solo cabins will be located on all decks of all ships, and at approximately 150 to 210 square feet, are larger than the industry standard. Unlike many other companies, many cabins feature French balconies, allowing travelers to enjoy a solo adventure without compromising on comfort, views, and amenities.
Vantage offers an array of the solo-friendliest ships in the industry:
- The newly reimagined ms River Navigator will offer 43 solo cabins – more than any other ship in the industry - located across all decks, not just on the lower level. Six new tours with features for independent travelers include Germany, the Netherlands, Hungary, and beyond on fee-free cruises that also feature complimentary Concierge service.
- The wine-themed ms Splendor will take travelers on fabulous cruises including Majestic Rivers of Europe Wine Cruise: Castles, Cathedrals & Fairytales with 14 supplement-free solo cabins, six with French balconies, and eight adjoining cabins to stay close to friends and family.
- The ms Venture offers hands-on learning in the French culinary arts with more immersive discoveries thanks to just 133 travelers onboard. Features seven supplement-free solo cabins, three with French balconies, and four adjoining cabins.
- The ms River Discovery II, the ship for active travelers that offers all the timeless delights Europe has to offer at the best value, includes 14 supplement-free solo cabins, six with French balconies, and eight adjoining cabins.
- The newest member of the Vantage fleet, the ms Nebu, offers the finest and newest accommodations in Egyptian cruising complete with onboard Egyptologists. Accommodations include 4 supplement-free solo cabins at more than 200 square feet each, plus four adjoining cabins.
- The ms Voyager offers travelers both deluxe amenities and a jazz-themed experience — from the Blue Note Lounge to the musician-named suites, and features eight supplement-free solo cabins for such journeys as Essential Holland: Tulips in Spring; Switzerland, the Heart of the Rhine & Moselle; the Rhine Jazz Discovery, and more.
All ships include Solo Connections, Vantage's exclusive onboard events; and exclusive concierge service available on every departure. In addition, every Vantage journey is led by an experienced Tour Director, Cruise Director, or Adventure Leader who ensures the journey goes smoothly for everyone and keeps a special eye out for solo travelers.
"We are very proud of our efforts to provide solo travelers with the same experience any other traveler might have as part of a couple or larger group," continued Lewis. "Traveling on your own can be a life-changing experience and we love being part of that journey."
About Vantage Deluxe World Travel:
Vantage Deluxe World Travel, is an award-winning, world-renowned deluxe river operator named by Travel + Leisure as 'One of the Best River Cruises in the World' in 2018, recognized by Conde Nast Traveler's 2018 Readers' Choice Award for the sixth consecutive year as one of the top river cruise lines in the world, and voted the Best Solo Cruise for River Travelers by The Solo Traveler. The Vantage family of brands also includes Vantage Cruise Line and Vantage Adventures. The company owns and operates its own fleet of luxurious river cruise ships that sail the Rhine, Danube, Main, Moselle, and Seine rivers; and also charters ships in Portugal, the Mediterranean, Russia, Asia, North America, Central America, and South America.
To start creating your journey, call 1-888-514-1845 or visit vantagesolo.com.
SOURCE Vantage Deluxe World Travel