SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Travel-Ticker, a leading inspirational deals site, today celebrated a collection of milestones with its fifth anniversary. After launching in 2006 from humble beginnings, Travel-Ticker has grown from sharing only 20 handpicked travel bargains weekly into sharing nearly 200 deals daily from a team of dedicated experts. By researching and only highlighting the best of the best (40% off or more), the newsletter quickly grew and won the hearts of travelers, eventually becoming the largest inspirational travel site for bookings.
"Travel-Ticker began as an e-newsletter five years ago and has since taken flight with the launch of the standalone website Travel-Ticker.com, our smartphone mobile apps, and popular social media pages," said L. Jasmine Kim, General Manager of Travel-Ticker. "And all of these expansions were put in place so that we could find more and more ways to bring the very best tailored deals to the fingertips of travelers. And, our team of real-life experts stand behind each and every travel recommendation."
Since July 2006, Travel-Ticker has played an influential role in the deal industry by igniting imaginations and inspiring hundreds of thousands of travelers to take their dream vacations. The Travel-Ticker team has accumulated numerous achievements since then, some of which include: 500,000+ room night bookings at resorts and hotels around the world, 11.5 million newsletter subscriptions, and more than 10,000 travel partners.
- In July 2006, Travel-Ticker launched its e-newsletter which delivered handpicked deals directly to subscribers' inboxes.
- In July 2008, the geo-targeted site Travel-Ticker.com launched. In addition to the editorial curation of each and every deal, Travel-Ticker's team of PhDs and engineers also created a unique ranking algorithm with sophisticated click-based technology to ensure users see the most relevant, tailored deals based on their location and preferences.
- In December 2008, Travel-Ticker reached over 400,000 nights booked at properties worldwide.
- In March 2011, Travel-Ticker became the largest inspirational travel site for bookings with over three million unique monthly visitors and more than 11.5 million newsletter subscribers.
- In April 2011, Travel-Ticker launched its new mobile app for iPhone and Android, which has been downloaded over 63,000 times.
- In May 2011, Travel-Ticker unveiled its newly refreshed site which showcases simpler navigation, easy social networking sharing features, more inspirational images, and expert travel tips via the "Ask Angela" Q&A forum feature.
- In 2011, Travel-Ticker's hotel discounts increased to 40% and package discounts increased to 46%.
To learn more about the history of Travel-Ticker, visit: www.travel-ticker.com/press/about-us.
Travel-Ticker is an online inspirational travel website that is home to some of the best handpicked, insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations. With an ear to the ground and an eye for the unique, Travel-Ticker's experts provide users with a geo-targeted platform to browse for researched travel bargains, the latest travel trends, and editorial insight. Travel-Ticker is an independent business unit of The Hotwire Group. For more information, visit us at www.travel-ticker.com and join us on Twitter (@travel_ticker) and Facebook. In addition to Travel-Ticker, The Hotwire Group of websites includes: www.hotwire.com, www.travel-ticker.com and www.carrentals.com
Travel-Ticker and the Travel-Ticker logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2011 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. CST# 2053390-40