NEW ORLEANS, Aug 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Treaty Energy Corporation (OTCQB: TECO), a growth-oriented energy company in the oil and gas industry, today reported on its continued progress on the Belize project.
Treaty Energy is pleased to provide the following updates on projects that the Company is working on in Belize.
1) The surface lease agreement has been signed in partnership with one of the largest landowners in Belize, which covers a significant percentage of the 200,000 acre land portion of the concession.
2) The environmental approval for drilling of the two initial wells has been signed by Mr. Martin Alegria, Director of the Belize Ministry of the Environment and on file.
3) The passage way through a stream/ditch has been completed and pictures have been posted to Treaty Energy's Website, Twitter and Facebook sites. Continue to look for company updates, news and pictures on these sites
4) A roadway has been cut and cleared to the first drilling site and the well pad prepared.
5) All equipment cleared customs after approximately three weeks of paperwork and relocated to a secure site until our permanent 10 acre compound is ready to accept the equipment and become our established staging location near the Town of Independence. This Compound will include staff lodging; in addition, all buildings are being constructed by local craftsman at a very reasonable rate.
6) Mr. Keon Garbutt, a Belizean citizen, has been hired as Project Manager of the drilling operations in Belize for Treaty Belize Energy, Ltd.
7) Brian Luczywo has been promoted to Treaty Belize Energy Vice President of Operations.
The following is an update from Mr. Luczywo as of August 24th.
The Treaty Belize Energy office in Placencia is up and operating. In addition; our recently hired personnel and support staff are doing an excellent job. We have been busy getting our office functional. The following work has been completed:
- Selected an office location key to the planning, implementation and coordination of the details of our day to day operations in Placencia
- General maintenance repairs and upgrades to facility. Furniture and accessories delivered and suitable for office personnel
- Central Air Conditioning installed in office and conference room. Internet, local phone, fax, US phone all installed and operational
- Regular expense reports, accounting, banking, and communications back to the United States has been established
- All project expenses brought under administration by the Belize office
Excitement is building in the area and Treaty Belize Energy is experiencing an influx of job applicants. We are currently building a database of names from which we will examine and determine the best qualified persons to ask and join the Treaty Belize Workforce
Office Contact Information is as follows:
Treaty Belize Energy, Ltd.
Stann Creek district, Belize, C.A.
Belize Office Phone: (011) 501-523-3304
Office email: [email protected]
Brian D. Luczywo
Treaty Belize Energy, Ltd
8) Andrew V. Reid, CEO of Treaty Energy, met with Jimmy LaRose at the Treaty office in New Orleans and established the 'agenda' for the Treaty Charitable Trust through September 15th. The detailed Agenda is attached to this release as Exhibit 1.
9) The balance of equipment required to drill and complete the first two wells has been acquired and will arrive in Belize in time to meet the projected drill date of mid September.
Andrew V. Reid, CEO of Treaty, stated, "We intend to release additional news on the oil producing leases in Texas early next week and on Kansas as soon as all operational details are completed with Lester Town who has been unavailable until next week."
Mr. Reid added, "We are very pleased with the progress being made in all facets of Treaty Energy and anticipate many interesting releases of information to Treaty stakeholders over the next few weeks and coming months."
About Treaty Energy Corporation
Treaty is engaged in the acquisition, development and production of oil and natural gas. Treaty acquires and develops oil and gas leases which have "proven but undeveloped reserves" at the time of acquisition. These properties are not strategic to large exploration-oriented oil and gas companies. This strategy allows Treaty to develop and produce oil and natural gas with tremendously decreased risk, cost and time involved in traditional exploration. For more information go to: www.treatyenergy.com
Statements herein express management's beliefs and expectations regarding future performance and are forward-looking and involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, raising working capital and securing other financing; responding to competition and rapidly changing technology; and other risks. These risks are detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Forms 10-KSB, 10-QSB and 8-K. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements.
To: Andrew Reid
From: Jimmy LaRose, John Curtis & Redfern
Date: August 25, 2011
Subject: TECO Public Relations Campaign Update
August 13, 2011 1023 501(c)3 IRS Filing for Louisiana Corporation
Jimmy LaRose's staff, led by Tammy Fossell, began the process of further establishing the legal entity TECO FOUNDATION, INC tackling IRS Form 1023 for nonprofit status. This document upon completion will be submitted to TECO Principals and the Board of Treaty Charitable Trust. Tammy Fossell can be contacted at James P. LaRose Companies (803)808-5084.
August 13-22, 2011 Belize Onsite Coordination
Multiple phone calls with Andre Vega & Honnie Korngold (Travel with Spirit Television) determining shooting schedule, leadership appointments, and press conference logistics.
August 24-26, 2011 New Orleans Onsite
Multiple meetings between John Curtis, Morris Kahn & Jimmy LaRose cultivating high-profile Advisory Board Members for Treaty Charitable Trust. Meetings with TECO team to handle logistics for upcoming Belize Press Campaign. Meetings with Andrew to personally present an update on PR Campaign Progress.
September 4, 2011 Travel Day – Arrive Belize City
Redfern II (Treaty Charitable Trust Board Member) & Jimmy LaRose (TCT President) will travel to Belize and will meet with Princess Hotel & Casino Property Management.
September 5-10, 2011 Onsite Television Shoot
Treaty Charitable Trust & TECO to be featured on Travel With Spirit Television to Air on SkyAngel, R&R TV, American Family Channel, Catholic TV, Legacy Network (180 US station affiliates) for a total combined network audience of 30 million. Post produced TCT Highlight to be provided to TECO & TCT. B-Roll of events and interview footage provided to TECO & TCT.
September 12, 2011 Establish BELIZEAN NATIONAL LEADERSHIP FUND
Apply at the Ministry of Finance to establish a Belizean Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) named the BELIZEAN NATIONAL LEADERSHIP FUND comprised of a domestic board of directors including local business leaders, government ministers, key NGO leaders, Andrew Reid, Jimmy LaRose & Redfern II.
September 12-13, 2011 Leadership Cultivation in Belize
Andre Vega has scheduled (is scheduling) meetings between Jimmy LaRose & Redfern II with the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, Minister of Petroleum, Press Office Director, Princess Petroleum and other key business leaders.
September 14, 2011 (2:30pm) Press Conference – Matalon Business Center
Press Conference announcing TCT's establishment of the Belizean National Leadership Fund. Hosted by Redfern II, featuring Jimmy LaRose & Andrew Reid. This culminating event will produce PR copy, video footage, and endorsements to be used to engender TECO investor confidence.
September 15, 2011 Travel Day – Return Columbia, SC
/s/ Jimmy LaRose
James P. LaRose, CFRE, CNC
President, Treaty Charitable Trust
201 St. Charles Ave., Suite 2558
New Orleans, LA 70170
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Treaty Energy Corporation