LONDON, Dec. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5251044
Packaging industry in Chile is estimated to grow to 21,856.3 Million units in 2021, registering a CAGR of 2.9%. This growth will be largely influenced by changing consumer behaviour resulting from hectic lifestyles, rising disposable income, and demand for convenience. The need for convenience will continue to drive the growth of small-sized, on-the-go, easy-to-store/-use packaging in Chile.Moreover, rising purchasing power among Chileans will aid the growth of novel, premium, and eco-friendly products that are packaged in luxurious, sustainable packaging.
Chilean packaging industry is characterized by functional, on-the-go, and personalized packs that enhance the overall use and appeal of a product. Flexible packaging and rigid metal are the major market share gainers, with pack share growth of 0.9% and 0.2%, respectively, during 2016-2021, largely due to the benefits of being convenient and cost-effective (flexible packaging), and available in small pack sizes through single-serve can formats (rigid metal).
Rigid metal occupied a share of 6.1% in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2016-2021. The growth of this pack type will be largely led by beer & cider, which increasingly uses metal cans due to their light weight and on-the-go benefits. Furthermore, new techniques such as protective polymer coating on the interiors of aluminum cans prevent the metal leaching into the beverage, which helps improve the shelf life of products and drives its preference as a pack material. Carbonated drinks and functional drinks in the non-alcoholic beverages industry also drive the growth of this packaging type.
Flexible packaging is the leading pack type in the Chilean packaging industry, with a market share of 43% in 2016, and will grow at a CAGR of 3.3% during 2016-2021, with major contributions from the food and soft drinks industries. This growth is largely driven by its low cost and flexibility to suit multiple shapes and sizes, convenience, and low-carbon footprint on the environment. As a result, manufacturers prefer to use flexible packaging for its convenience and cost-effectiveness.
The report "Trends and Opportunities in the Chilean Packaging Industry", provide a comprehensive overview of the Packaging industry in Chile. It includes Market Overview, Growth in use of Pack Material by Sector, Analysis of Key Packaging Materials, Trends and Future Outlook.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Packaging industry in Chile, as part of our coverage of the industry across 20 countries.
It includes analysis on the following -
- Market Overview: Provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share and growth rates during 2011-2021
- Growth in use of Pack Material by Sector: Provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across sectors during 2016-2021
- Key Packaging Materials: Includes data and analysis - number of units (Millions), volumes (Million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types viz. Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal, Glass, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging and Others (other than the afore mentioned five types) during 2016-2021.
- It also covers: Sub-material - Includes Aluminum, Aluminum foil/paper/plastic, Brick, Flexible Plastic, Gable Top, Glass, HDPE, Metal, Paper, Paper & Board, PET, Plastic, Ready Metal Trays, Shaped, Thin-Walled and Others
- Container Type: Includes Aerosol, Jar, Can - Food, Bag/Sachet, Pouch, Tray, Tub, Carton, Film, Tin, Bottle, Box, Blister Pack, Foil, Wrapper, Clamshell, Tube, Can - Composite, Can - Drink, Other Line Items, Sleeve, Can - Paint, Keg/Drum, Cup, Bag-in-Box, Specialty Cosmetic Containers and Others
- Closure Material: Includes Metal, natural, Plastic, Synthetic and Others
- Closure Type: Includes Cap, Twist Off, Prize Off, Foil, Film, Screw Top, Stopper, Dispenser, Flip/Snap Top, Sports Cap, Plastic Tie, Crown, Lever Closure and Others
- Outer Material: Includes Flexible, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastic and Others
- Outer Type: Includes Box, Sleeve, Bag, Shrink Wrap, Blister Pack and Others
- Trends, Case Studies and Future Outlook: Provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view into the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section gives a success example highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies and best practices
Reasons to buy
- Packaging companies and retailers seek the latest information on consumer trends and opportunities to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the CPG market.
- As consumer product demand evolves the dynamics between different packaging types also evolves favoring some packaging types and formats and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future.
- The differential growth across different packaging materials and formats drive fundamental shifts in the market. These differentials result from various factors such as changing consumer preferences, regulatory compliance, and innovation within the packaging market
- The report is a unique combination of in-depth qualitative analysis and authoritative packaging data for the years 2011-2021. Each packaging material has detailed data breakdown by packaging type, closure material, closure type, outer material, and outer type.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5251044
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers