BEIJING, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- China's largest fashion and lifestyle publisher Trends Media Group has released its comprehensive new reports on fashion consumption and industry developments based on an annual survey in 20 Chinese cities. The survey unveils the top 10 most attractive brands and designers, and ranks cities by expenditures on fashion goods and services. The survey further found that designer brands have been widely adopted and expenditures in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities are rising, with consumption in some categories surpassing Beijing and Shanghai.
- Shanghai surpassed Beijing in 2012, and Tianjin is the most satisfied city in store services
- 43% of Chinese fashion customers purchase designers brands
- Chanel Ranked No. 1 in apparel and cosmetics brands in China
- Chinese "new wealthy class" is low in brand loyalty; more than half are inclined to change brands
- Opportunities are ahead for Chinese designers
- Chanel ranked No. 1 apparel brand in 15 Chinese cities
- Rolex ranked No. 1 watch brand in 16 Chinese cities
- Chow Tai Fook ranked No. 1 jewelry brand in 10 Chinese cities
- BMW ranked No. 1 auto brand in 13 Chinese cities
- Designs and couture widely adopted by Chinese luxury consumers
- Shanghai outperformed Beijing as top fashion city
- Nanjing outperformed Guangzhou and Shenzhen as the third fashion city in China
- Tianjin fashion expenditures grew fastest, ranking No. 3 for consumer goods, passing Shanghai and Beijing
- Nanjing ranked No. 2 in lifestyle and leisure expenditures, after Shanghai and ahead of Beijing
- Shenyang's middle-class will spend 88% of total income on fashion
- Qingdao's middle-class and wealthy spent RMB7.3K on social activities
- Chengdu's middle-class and wealthy spent RMB4.6K on sports and outdoor activities
- Shenzhen's middle-class and wealthy spent RMB5.5K on leisure and entertainment
- Nanjing's middle-class and wealthy spent RMB12K on apparel
- Shanghai's middle-class and wealthy spent RMB8K on accessories, RMB10K on jewelry, RMB8.7K on watches, and RMB8K on cosmetics
- Beijing ranks highest in number of luxury stores and fashion activities in 20 Chinese cities
The full report on China Trends Index is available for download in Chinese.
About Trends Media Group
Trends Media Group (www.trends.com.cn) has been the top fashion & lifestyle publishing group in China since 1993, with the biggest market share in the fashion and luxury publishing and advertising market.
Its flagship brands include Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Harper's BAZAAR, Bazaar Men's Style, Bazaar Jewelry, TrendsHealth, Men's Health, TrendsHome, NG Traveler, National Geographic, FHM, Cosmo Bride, Good Housekeeping, Trends Time, Car, Robb Report, BAZAAR Art, etc.
As an omni-media servicing group, Trends also has portfolio businesses in book publishing, book stores, TV, radio, drama, events, Yoka.com, Trends.com.cn, Trendsmen.com, iTrends, strategic investment, etc.
SOURCE Trends Media Group