WINCHESTER, Va., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trex Company, the world's largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing, has won four 2013 Platinum Awards for Design Excellence (ADEX) for two new additions to its revolutionary Trex Transcend® decking and railing system, as well as for the high performance Trex Elevations® Steel Deck Framing and the stylish and durable Trex Pergola™. These products secured top honors from the awards program, which is sponsored by Design Journal magazine and draws approximately 2,000 entries from 500 companies each year. In addition, new Trex Reveal™ Aluminum Railing captured a Gold Award, the competition's second-highest recognition.
"These ADEX honors reinforce the positive consumer and professional feedback we've received for our complete portfolio of high-performance products that combine superior aesthetics, unparalleled design flexibility and long-lasting good looks," said Ronald W. Kaplan, chairman, president and CEO of Trex. "As the industry leader, Trex is committed to raising the bar on design innovation across the entire outdoor living category."
The following Trex products are 2013 ADEX winners:
- Trex Transcend in Tiki Torch (Platinum Award) – The newest tropical-inspired Trex Transcend decking color is a warm and earthy variegated light brown shade that features rich, reddish-brown hardwood streaking. It was designed in direct response to consumer demand for a lighter color alternative that features the exotic appearance and realistic streaking of other Transcend tropical hues. Like all Trex Transcend decking options, Tiki Torch is both high-performance and low-maintenance – offering consumers the additional protection of a 25-year Limited Fade and Stain Warranty.
- Trex Transcend Beveled Railing (Platinum Award) – Featuring a new handrail and bottom rail shape, Trex Transcend Beveled Railing is specifically designed to address regional architectural and style preferences. Sleek and streamlined, it offers a more contemporary alternative to traditional crown profile railing and is an ideal stylistic fit for homeowners who desire a minimalist and modern look – one that is particularly popular on the West Coast. The beveled railing pairs perfectly with existing Trex Transcend railing post sleeves, skirts, caps and baluster options, and is available in seven colors to suit the taste of any homeowner.
- Trex Elevations Steel Deck Framing (Platinum Award) – Manufactured of dual-coated, galvanized steel, Trex Elevations is a revolutionary approach to deck framing, providing a superior alternative to traditional deck framing. Dimensionally stable steel offers consistency and reliability that wood doesn't and Trex Elevations can span longer distances between posts while ensuring a straight, flat surface for decking. With the additional guarantee of a 25-year Limited Warranty, Trex Elevations offers superior aesthetics, durability, longevity and stability when compared to traditional wood substructures. The product will not warp, twist, split or decay, allowing contractors to benefit from reduced callbacks and increased homeowner satisfaction.
- Trex Pergola (Platinum Award) – Constructed of an aluminum core wrapped in genuine TrexTrim™ for superior strength and long-lasting durability, Trex Pergola is offered in a broad range of colors, styles and sizes to create completely customized outdoor living spaces. Homeowners may select a combination of nine rich finishes or choose custom paint tinting to match any desired color. An expansive collection of fiberglass columns complement a wide variety of architectural styles, and each Trex Pergola may be installed freestanding or attached to a structure and then finished with a retractable or fixed canopy for customized levels of shade and privacy. Trex Pergola products are manufactured and sold by Home & Leisure, Inc. d/b/a Backyard America under a Trademark License Agreement with Trex Company.
- Trex Reveal Aluminum Railing (Gold Award) – Trex Reveal provides unparalleled strength and a sleek, contemporary design. With its straightforward and unobtrusive look, it spans long lengths for panoramic sightlines from residential decks, patios, balconies and front steps. The understated, contemporary design of Trex Reveal is a strong fit for multi-family housing and commercial settings – and may be installed with continuously graspable stair rail options for safety, comfort and code compliance.
ADEX is the largest and most prestigious awards program that recognizes product design of furniture, fixtures and finishes marketed to the design trade. Products are judged by a panel of professionals representing a cross section of the design industry. The ADEX program is sponsored by Design Journal magazine, the international trade publication for interior designers, architects and facility managers.
All ADEX-winning Trex products are featured in the April 2013 issue of Design Journal and on the magazine's website at designjournalmag.com.
For more information about Trex products, visit trex.com.
About Trex Company
Trex Company is the world's largest manufacturer of high performance wood-alternative decking and railing, with more than 20 years of product experience. Stocked in more than 6,000 retail locations worldwide, Trex outdoor living products offer a wide range of style options with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. For more information, visit trex.com. You also can follow Trex on Twitter (@Trex_Company) or Pinterest (trexcompany), "like" Trex on Facebook, or view product and demonstration videos on the brand's YouTube channel (TheTrexCo.).
SOURCE Trex Company