SAN FRANCISCO, April 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TripIt, the leading mobile trip management service from Concur (Nasdaq CNQR), is pleased to support continued industry innovation with more than 330 applications now leveraging the TripIt API (application protocol interface), almost double from a year ago. These applications add value to travelers' lives by allowing them to connect their TripIt data to services that offer everything from flight tracking, to mobile boarding passes, to meeting new people while traveling, or calculating one's carbon emissions.
"We are proud to be the leading resource offering access to itinerary data so developers can delight consumers with new and innovative services," said Gregg Brockway, General Manager and co-founder, TripIt. "We also believe by allowing data to flow freely, there is an opportunity for all of us in the travel industry to deliver more intelligent and instantly customized travel services for consumers."
Market leading and newer Apps Integrated with TripIt
Some newer innovations include:
- Airside Express: "Mobile Boarding Passes are super-convenient, and as die-hard TripIt users, we wanted to be able to jump from our TripIt itinerary directly to Mobile Check-In and Mobile Boarding Passes. Toss in flight information updates and one-touch boarding pass display, and you have Airside Express!" Adam Tsao, COO, Airside Mobile
- Memolane: "Captures your photos, videos, music, tweets, posts, and much more on a timeline, so you can see, search and share your life as you live it. Seeing where you have traveled with TripIt is an important part of the Memolane experience, adding great context to the pictures, videos and other content you created on your trip." Nikolaj Hald Nielsen, Co-Founder and Product Lead, Memolane
- Planely: "Ever sat on a plane wishing you were next to someone else? Integrating your Planely and Tripit accounts takes under a minute and means you get reports showing you who else will be traveling on your plane and around you in the airport. Air travel just got a bit more exciting!" Nick Martin, Co-founder and CEO, Planely
- TripCarbon: "We created a tool for calculating carbon emissions using Brighter Planet's CM1 carbon calculation web service and integrating travel information from TripIt itineraries so that travelers can see their carbon footprint and make informed travel decisions." Scott Bulua, Developer, TripCarbon
- News360:. "We deliver personalized news from over 1,000 news sources in one intuitive stream, tailored to each individual. Travelers, for example, can connect News360 to TripIt and get local news from all of their upcoming destinations." Roman Karachinsky, Co-founder and CBDO, News360
TripIt®, the leading mobile trip management service from Concur, Inc. (Nasdaq: CNQR), helps people organize and share their travel plans no matter where they book. Travelers simply forward their travel confirmation emails from over 3,000 sites to [email protected]. TripIt automatically creates a master itinerary that combines all their travel plans plus maps, directions and more. With TripIt, it's easy to share and collaborate on trips with friends and colleagues using social networks or TripIt Groups. TripIt itineraries can be accessed online, via mobile device using its popular iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry apps, or m.tripit.com. TripIt is an open itinerary platform that works with a growing eco-system of travel and mobile partners. TripIt Pro premium service for frequent travelers automatically monitors travel itineraries, providing mobile alerts, alternate flight options, frequent traveler point tracking, flight refund tracking and notification, and automated trip sharing. For more, please visit at www.tripit.com and follow TripIt on twitter at: www.twitter.com/tripit.
Concur® is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions for companies of all sizes. Concur's easy-to-use web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Learn more at www.concur.com.