DALLAS, Sept. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- TropicSport reef-friendly mineral sunscreen and skin care line is helping Californians stay out longer to enjoy the first ever California Surfing Day this Thursday, Sept. 20 with "Top 5 Sun Safety Tips".
"Sunny skies and fun waves are forecasted up and down the coast for California Surfing Day, and we want to help ensure everyone enjoying the beaches that day protect their skin and our environment," said Lisa Palmer, co-founder of TropicSport.
- Expired sunscreen doesn't work, so toss it out! Storing sunscreen in heat or moisture can cause sunscreen to break down and lose its effectiveness.
- Ditch chemical sunscreens that list oxybenzone, octinoxate, avobenzone or octocrylene in their ingredients and use only reef-friendly mineral sunscreen. Chemical sunscreen, which has been proven to kill our oceans' reefs, is immediately absorbed in the bloodstream, is detected in urine within 20 minutes and has been linked to serious health issues. On the other hand, mineral sunscreen with active ingredients of only non-nano zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, is safe for the eco-system and acts as a natural barrier that deflects and scatters the UV rays away from the skin.
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before sun exposure and re-apply it after 80 minutes. A bonus of using TropicSport is that it passed both the U.S. 80-minute water resistance test and the Australia 240-minute water resistance test.
- Avoid peak UV radiation times between 10 am and 2 pm.
- If you forget to apply sunscreen, cover as much of your skin with a hat, sunglasses and clothing.
Created by surfers for surfers who expose their skin to extreme conditions for long periods of time, TropicSport's brand ambassadors include surf legend Gerry Lopez and pro surfer Jamie O'Brien among others.
To purchase TropicSport family-safe, reef-friendly mineral sunscreen and full line of skincare products, visit www.tropicsport.com.
TropicSport, part of X3EM Brands, manufactures in the USA a complete line of reef-friendly non-nano zinc oxide and titanium dioxide mineral sunscreens, as well as after-sun face and body cleansers and moisturizers in a complete skincare system that protects, cleanses and replenishes. TropicSport is one of the only sunscreens on the market that meets the U.S. FDA 80-minute and Australian 240-minute water resistance tests.
Contact: Marisa Vallbona, CIM Inc PR, 619-708-7990, or firstname.lastname@example.org