- China's online hotel reservation industry maintained fast growth, with MAU reaching 100 million in Q2, while room nights reserved in H1 were up 20% year-on-year
- China's per capita GDP is expected to exceed 10,000 USD in 2019, accelerating the increase of new tourists and boosting the demand for hotel reservations
- Among major platforms, Meituan maintained the No.1 position in room nights for H1 2019, followed by traditional OTA Ctrip
BEIJING, Sept. 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the latest research from Trustdata's Mobile Big Data Monitoring service, China's online hotel reservation market continues with fast growth, with huge potential in the rise of online rates, compared with developed markets such as Europe, the US and Japan.
Young users are increasing, with the share of post-90s users exceeding post-80s users for the first time. The potential for the post-2000s is huge. Young users born in the 1990s and 2000s have less pressure from parenting, mortgage and car expenses. They have strong willingness to spend online, with higher demand for online hotel reservations.
Online hotel reservations have continued to penetrate in county-level markets in H1 of 2019, with 70% of new users from third and lower tier cities.
Platform Performance Insights:
- In H1 2019, Meituan led the industry in terms of room nights reserved, accounting for 47.3% of the market, more than the total share of Ctrip, Qunar and eLong combined.
- Meituan & Fliggy led the industry regarding number of young users, with post-90s and post-00s users accounting for more than 50%.
- Ctrip ranked first in user retention, while Tongcheng-eLong and Meituan ranked second and third.
- Qunar ranked first in terms of daily opens, followed by Tongcheng-eLong and Meituan.
- OTA players around the world form a four-pole competitive landscape, and leisure travel is the key area of battle. Similar to Expedia, Ctrip has been developing for 20 years and focusing on business travel. Meituan, though young, is similar to Booking in nature, focusing mainly on the leisure and vacation market.
The complete report:
Trustdata, as the largest mobile Internet big data monitoring platform in China, devotes itself to becoming the most leading mobile application data content solution provider in Chinese era of big data to provide the most professional services such as data products, consultation, etc. in various fields of mobile terminal for the clients.
Trustdata covers over 60,000 Apps and 200 million monthly active users. Through acquisition, analysis and study of big data of China mobile Internet, it helps the entrepreneurs, the various fields in mobile industry and the investors to know about their application business conditions and the trend of the whole mobile application market, and helps the practitioners of this industry to better make marketing decisions on products, marketing and investment strategy.