SEATTLE, July 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- TUNE, the global leader in mobile marketing solutions, today announced its Fraud Prevention Solution, a transparent approach to addressing advertising fraud by connecting marketers and ad partners through shared data and insights. In an industry first, TUNE provides marketers and ad networks with access to the same traffic and fraud install data so that the two sides can work together to identify and stamp out ad fraud.
TUNE's Fraud Prevention Solution is available to both TUNE Marketing Console and TUNE HasOffers customers at no additional cost.
The issue of ad fraud is one that plagues marketers and ad networks alike. Estimated by Forrester Research to reach $10.9B in wasted spend by 2021, ad fraud jeopardizes both marketing efforts and ad network performance. Until now, these two sides have remained isolated, each forced to cobble together slivers of data from disparate marketing and ad performance systems into a single view to catch low-quality traffic and identify outright ad fraud.
With the launch of TUNE's Fraud Prevention Solution, both marketers and ad partners gain access to the shared traffic quality data and tools that make it easy to analyze app install traffic for potential fraud, measure the time between click and install, conduct in-depth analysis into suspicious traffic patterns and drill into activity at the sub-publisher and sub-campaign level.
"Until this point, the conversation around fraud has been hostile, accusatory, and unfortunately guided by point vendors selling black box solutions they claim have fixed the root problem – which is disingenuous at best. The industry needs a new approach to solving fraud and it starts with transparent conversations between marketers and ad partners, based on shared data," said Peter Hamilton, CEO of TUNE. "We can only tackle fraud when both sides are informed and have access to raw, unbiased information. That is how we isolate bad actors, together."
Introducing TUNE's Fraud Prevention Solution
The Fraud Prevention Solution consists of three core elements, including:
- Fraud Rules: A set of pre-built and customizable rules that marketers and ad partners can use to create unique rules for all inbound click and impression traffic. Fraud Rules can be based on any data coming in from a link and can flag it as suspicious. This includes building rules based on link country of origin, device information, ad partner, or sub-publisher source. Fraud Rules give advertisers the control needed to protect themselves from having to claw back money from partners for fraudulent activity or help flag data in real time to networks about suspicious traffic.
- Fraud Recommendations: An all new algorithm capable of automatically identifying a broad range of ad and mobile app install fraud patterns, from poor traffic to organic install spamming, then automatically recommend appropriate action to both marketers and ad networks. Fraud Recommendations decipher fraudulent patterns in real time, and allow marketers and ad networks to identify affected traffic and address it immediately.
- Fraud Reports: Two new powerful reports that help advertisers and marketers quickly identify suspicious traffic sources and drill down to the sub-publisher, sub-campaign, and site level. The reports included are:
- Lag Time Variation Report measures the time between click and install and conducts analysis to identify click spamming, hijacked organic installs, click injection and other bot-driven activity.
- Install Validation Report aggregates rejected installs by source, allowing customers to see in real time the number of rejected installs received per partner.
Supporting Partner Quotes
"Fraud causes a lot of doubt in our industry, which is frustrating for performance marketers as we make data driven decisions. This data allows us to make hard choices easier when it comes to running the most efficient campaigns possible. Unfortunately, fraud makes it harder to trust the data. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel and attribution, analytics, marketing, and ad partners need to work together to get there. Attribution partners have made progress to identify fraud, which I hope will continue as ad partners continue to innovate on their own fraud detection and prevention tools. I believe the next step hinges on publisher transparency from ad partners, so marketers and attribution partners can collectively identify fraudulent sources and push our industry forward." -- Nick Quan, Performance Marketing Manager, Twitter
"Identifying and detecting fraudulent clicks and installs is an important element of our mobile campaigns at OpenTable. Our hope is that the industry will quickly move to address fraudulent activity in the mobile ad space in order to improve the mobile customer experience. Mobile ad fraud is still a blind spot for most advertisers and marketers running ad campaigns. Detecting and mitigating fraudulent activity requires a combination of technology, data and manpower. We rely on TUNE, along with our own data, to help mitigate these activities and are confident that together we can raise awareness for this issue across the industry. -- Janet Tran, Senior Manager, App Growth, OpenTable
"In today's climate, trust is more important than ever. For WeatherBug, the complete trust of our clients is our primary business priority, which is why we're investing so heavily to help customers deal with industry challenges around transparency. These partnerships will continue to foster trust and ease growing concerns around viewability, ad fraud and brand safety in mobile advertising" -- Olivier Vincent, General Manager, WeatherBug
"The mobile advertising ecosystem continues to be threatened by an ever-expanding and evolving web of ad fraud," said Piyush Shah, Chief Product Officer of InMobi. "TUNE's Fraud Prevention Solution will make a great addition to InMobi's ongoing mission to combat fraud across the globe to provide advertisers and growth marketers with fraud-free campaigns worldwide. As a longtime TUNE Certified Partner, we look forward to collaborating deeply together towards the shared goal of stamping out advertising fraud once and for all."
"A top priority for Fyber is to continue to provide high-quality traffic, which has been a key factor in becoming a leading exchange that enables app developers to maximize monetization" said Monica Vazquez, Director of Product for RTB & Fraud Prevention, Fyber. "TUNE is a strong partner that shares our goal of fighting fraud and increasing transparency in the advertising ecosystem."
"TUNE, once again, has found the right approach: a fraud platform included in the platform, not a premium add-on; a collaborative tool that connects advertisers and marketers to figure out and fight fraud. Adperio looks forward to adding the TUNE toolset to our arsenal in the battle against black hat activity." -- Matthew Lord, Chief Strategy Officer, Adperio
To learn more about how you can access TUNE's Fraud Prevention Solution, click here.
TUNE delivers innovative marketing solutions that help marketers and their partners effectively manage campaigns, engage the right audiences, optimize ad performance, and grow their business. TUNE's solutions are trusted by the top-grossing mobile marketers, the largest advertising platforms, and the world's most innovative brands. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington with over 350 employees in nine offices worldwide, TUNE solutions are used by Expedia, CVS, Subway, The New York Times, Line Corporation and more. For more information visit: www.tune.com.