SEATTLE, Sept. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- On September 13th at Moscone Center West in San Francisco, TUNE, Appnext and Fetch will host App Valley, a one day summit to discuss the future of apps. The App Valley Summit is hosted in conjunction with CTIA's debut Mobile World Congress Americas event, which runs the 12-14th at Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
Registration for the App Valley Summit and after party is open and can be found here.
TUNE CEO Peter Hamilton and TUNE Mobile Economist John Koetsier, along with leaders from Pinterest, Rossetta Stone, MeetMe, Expedia, TechCrunch, N3TWORK and M&C Saatchi and others, will explore how marketers can continue to boost business despite slowing app download growth over the past few years.
Data from TUNE, which touches more than 2.2 billion devices globally, suggests that 75 percent of American smartphone owners download 2.31 apps on iOS and 1.9 apps per person, per month on Android. While download rates have slowed gradually since 2010, the sheer number of apps has continued to expand and there are now more than 5.6M apps across the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon App Store combined.
This raises new questions that marketers and mobile ad partners must address: are we in the middle of an 'apocalypse"? How can app marketers drive growth and accelerate revenue in an overall saturated app market? Are the days of business growth driven by app installs over?
These are the topics that TUNE CEO Peter Hamilton will address during his keynote, and panel discussion at the App Valley Summit. In addition, TUNE's Mobile Economist, John Koetsier will emcee the event, and during his morning keynote he will share insights, research and predictions about how games, vision, and artificial intelligence will impact and alter business and consumer apps in the future.
TUNE Speaker Details
- When: 10:30-11:00am, Main Stage, Moscone West
- Speakers: Peter Hamilton, CEO, TUNE; Elad Natanson, Founder & CEO, Appnext; Amir Ghodrati, Director, Market Insights, App Annie; Guillaume Lelait, U.S. Managing Director, Fetch; Kobi Edelstein, VP Advertising, Appnext (moderator)
- Description: The mobile revolution is here. It has been a decade since the app ecosystem as we know it emerged with the launch of the first iPhone. Nowadays, the hockey stick install growth barely happens overnight, user acquisition budgets skyrocket, users spend more time in fewer apps. Is there hope for apps? Let's put the past behind us and discuss the future of apps, users and the mobile ecosystem as a whole.
Keynote: The Era of App Installs Must End
- Speaker: Peter Hamilton, CEO, TUNE
- When: 3:00 – 3:30pm, Main Stage, Moscone West
- Description: Adtech has clung to the unit of app installs for nearly five years. Though it served the industry well in providing a simple way to measure performance beyond the click, it encouraged some nasty habits and as a result, an uneven playing field. In this keynote, Peter Hamilton, CEO of TUNE, will dive into the pitfalls of an installs based app economy and the possibilities of a better view of the customer journey.
- When: 11:15 - 11:45 am, Main Stage, Moscone West
- Speaker: John Koetsier, Mobile Economist, TUNE
- Description: John Koetsier, TUNE's mobile economist and a well-known specialist in the world of mobile, will reveal his fascinating take on apps in the next decade. Koetsier will claim that the battle for the future is the fight over control of the customer. Apps are right on the front line … and under attack. He will also share his predictions for the future of apps with regards to games, vision and intelligence. Stay TUNEd.
To join TUNE at the App Valley Summit, click here to register.
TUNE delivers innovative marketing solutions that help marketers and their partners effectively manage campaigns, engage the right audiences, optimize ad performance, and grow their business. TUNE's solutions are trusted by the top-grossing mobile marketers, the largest advertising platforms, and the world's most innovative brands. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington with over 350 employees in nine offices worldwide, TUNE solutions are used by Expedia, CVS, Subway, The New York Times, Line Corporation and more. For more information visit: www.tune.com.