SAN FRANCISCO, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction a patented method to add important personal safety and security functionality to mobile phones. The lot will be included in the 16th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on July 26, 2012, at the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco, California.
"We are excited to be offering this patent technology lot for auction to our global buyer base." Dean Becker, CEO, ICAP Patent Brokerage, ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a wireless alarm device, which provides a mobile communications solution for persons seeking to raise an alarm in times of perceived danger.
- The key technology is a miniature wireless personal alarm device, which, when activated, uses a Bluetooth signal to initiate the user's mobile phone to send alarm messages, including the user's geo-coordinates.
- The Wireless Personal Alarm triggers a user's mobile (or satellite) phone to send an SMS message, with their location co-ordinates, to a pre-defined emergency number.
- If the user is in a situation where there is a need to send the alarm covertly (without letting your assailant know), the Wireless Personal Alarm can be pressed discreetly and quickly.
- The device is so small and lightweight it can be worn around the neck, wrist or inside your clothing comfortably.
- The device has a range of up to 100 meters, so it will function perfectly even if the user is not within reach of the phone itself.
- The Wireless Personal Alarm can be customized to open a voice channel on your mobile handset/terminal, allowing the monitoring centre to speak with you to ascertain your situation or to listen to facilitate voice recording.
- There is no GPS receiver within the device. This offers benefits in size, cost, and power consumption compared to competing products. This does not impede the device's ability to provide critical location information.
- The low manufacturing cost of the device makes high margins possible even for subscription-only services (i.e. providing the device free of charge or bundling with other products and services).
- A prototype of the device is available.
This IP is highly relevant for healthcare or emergency response providers (possibly seeking to expand an existing user base) as well as telecommunications technology manufacturers seeking to expand their product portfolio.
- There are four identified market segments: healthcare patients (including the elderly), lone workers, personal users (from children through teenagers to grand-parents), and for critical asset protection.
- The technology has received support from an Intergovernmental Organization and National Enterprise support agencies.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact John Pryor of ICAP Patent Brokerage at +44 (0) 7587 885 131 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage