SAN DIEGO, Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the launch of PlayStation®VR just around the corner, Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR), a leading audio technology company for over 40 years, is set to elevate Virtual Reality (VR) gaming audio from good to amazing with the new STEALTH 350VR gaming headset. The STEALTH 350VR accurately reproduces 3D surround sound from the PlayStation VR and other VR devices through large 50mm over-ear speakers, and features 30+ hour battery-powered amplification, Variable Bass Boost, and a lightweight, ergonomic "built for VR" design that provides extra clearance for VR headbands and cables. The STEALTH 350VR also includes smooth, fabric-wrapped memory foam ear cushions to ensure a comfortable fit, as well as a removable noise-cancelling microphone for crystal clear chat, and Mic Monitoring which lets gamers hear their own voice inside the headset to avoid shouting at other players. The STEALTH 350VR has a MSRP of $79.95 and will be available at participating retail outlets nationwide starting this Sunday, October 9, 2016.
"2016 continues to be a great year for us in gaming, and we're very proud of the innovations we've put into the STEALTH 350VR," said Juergen Stark, CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. "Audio is half the overall VR experience, so we set out to create a headset that improves VR audio. For example, VR devices either don't come with onboard audio or come with smaller on-ear or in-ear speakers, so we have large 50mm over-ear speakers with amplification and bass boost for better overall sound. We also know gamers are already going to be wearing a VR device on their head, so we developed the STEALTH 350VR to be lightweight, and gave it fabric-wrapped, memory foam ear cushions and designed it to fit comfortably around the VR devices. VR is an exciting new market, and the STEALTH 350VR is another great example of how we leverage our heritage as audio experts to create innovative new products that provide gamers with the best possible experience."
Full details for Turtle Beach's Stealth 350VR gaming headset are below:
- Battery-Powered Amplification – Louder is better! Turtle Beach's Stealth 350VR gaming headset delivers amazing amplified game and chat audio for a more immersive experience, and allows gamers to play for over 30 hours on a single charge.
- Large 50mm Speakers – High-performance 50mm over-ear speakers deliver crisp highs and thundering lows.
- Variable Bass Boost – Variable Bass Boost enhances those thundering lows, adding depth and realism to VR gaming audio.
- Ergonomic "Built for VR" Design – The Stealth 350VR is designed to accommodate the PlayStation VR headband without interference. A special channel in the Stealth 350VR's headband provides clearance for over-head cables on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive™.
- Detachable Noise-Cancelling Microphone – Eliminate unwanted background noise in the virtual world created from moving around in the real world. The Stealth 350VR's noise-cancelling microphone provides crystal clear chat with other players, and can be easily detached when not in use.
- Mic Monitoring – Mic Monitoring allows gamers to hear their own voice inside the headset to avoid shouting at other players…unless you want to.
- Lightweight and Comfortable – The Stealth 350VR headset features a lightweight and comfortable design, with smooth, fabric-wrapped memory foam ear cushions to ensure a breathable, comfortable fit.
- Swappable Cable System – Comes with easily interchangeable cables to swap between the PlayStation VR, PS4™ Pro and PS4™, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
About Turtle Beach Corporation
Turtle Beach Corporation (www.turtlebeachcorp.com) designs leading-edge audio products for the consumer, commercial and healthcare markets. Under the Turtle Beach brand (www.turtlebeach.com), the Company markets a wide selection of quality gaming headsets catering to a variety of gamers' needs and budgets, for use with video game consoles, including officially-licensed headsets for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as for personal computers and mobile/tablet devices. Under the HyperSound brand (www.hypersound.com), the Company markets pioneering directed audio solutions that have applications in digital signage and kiosks, consumer electronics and healthcare. The company's shares are traded on the NASDAQ Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release includes forward-looking information and statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Except for historical information contained in this release, statements in this release may constitute forward-looking statements regarding assumptions, projections, expectations, targets, intentions or beliefs about future events. Statements containing the words "may", "could", "would", "should", "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "plan", "estimate", "target", "project", "intend" and similar expressions constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current belief, as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, management.
While the Company believes that its expectations are based upon reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurances that its goals and strategy will be realized. Numerous factors, including risks and uncertainties, may affect actual results and may cause results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements made by the Company or on its behalf. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, risks related to the Company's liquidity, the substantial uncertainties inherent in the acceptance of existing and future products, the difficulty of commercializing and protecting new technology, the impact of competitive products and pricing, general business and economic conditions, risks associated with the expansion of our business including the implementation of any businesses we acquire, our indebtedness, the outcome of our HyperSound strategic review process and other factors discussed in our public filings, including the risk factors included in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and the Company's other periodic reports. Except as required by applicable law, including the securities laws of the United States and the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Company is under no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement after the date of this release whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/turtle-beach-elevates-vr-gaming-audio-from-good-to-amazing-with-the-new-stealth-350vr-gaming-headset--available-at-retail-starting-this-sunday-october-9-2016-300340395.html
SOURCE Turtle Beach Corporation