ATLANTA, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- tvsdesign, the Atlanta-based architecture and design firm, has promoted six team members into key leadership positions as well as advanced five associates to associate principal.
"We are so energized by this group of talented design leaders," said Roger Neuenschwander, president of tvsdesign. "With years of experience working together and working with our clients, we anticipate great things from them and for our future."
This accomplished group of architects and interior designers has made its mark on the firm's portfolio of work by designing and managing some of the world's most complex hotels, convention centers, corporate headquarters and aquariums. tvsdesign is proud to congratulate the following professionals:
- Aaron Gentry, previously a senior associate, has a facility for taming large, complex hospitality projects by balancing art, visitor experience and functionality. Recently, the Georgia Aquarium architect has been working on significant projects in the Middle East. His portfolio also includes the Metro Toronto Convention Center Master Plan, as well as resorts in the United States, Vietnam, China, Montenegro, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, United Arab Emirates, and St. Kitts.
- David Brown, previously an associate principal, is a trusted client advocate who is well-versed in designing corporate campuses and build-to-suit headquarters such as the new LPL Financial campus in South Carolina. Previous projects include LEED® CS Platinum Duke Energy Center in Charlotte, N.C., several corporate offices for Merrill Lynch around the country and TIAA-CREF, also in Charlotte.
- Janet Simpson, previously a senior associate, specializes in workplace design and strategic services for diverse clients ranging from large public financial services firms with offices around the country to privately owned professional service firms. An early advisor in client real estate planning, Janet couples her strong design skills with observation, analysis and evidence-based decision making to help clients incorporate changing workplace norms into their new office designs.
- Patricia Richey, previously a senior associate, is passionate about translating a hotel's brand into a great guest experience while retooling underperforming space into client assets. She has worked on hospitality interiors for major hotels across the country, including projects for the Hilton, Hyatt, Ritz-Carlton and Marriott brands. A hands-on leader, Patricia manages project details to achieve wonderful transformations.
- Robert O'Keefe, previously a senior associate, is a versatile designer specializing in conventions, aquariums and cultural arts. He currently is working on the New Atlanta Stadium, where Atlanta's NFL and MLS teams will play. Having just finished the new Music City Center in Nashville, Tenn., he's also designed the Ningxia International Convention Center, which is now under construction. Rob also has worked on some of the largest aquariums in the world, including the Georgia Aquarium and China's Nanchang Aquarium, which also is under construction.
- Ron Crawford, previously a senior associate, puts his hospitality industry knowledge to work for some of the great hotel brands. He currently is working on an expansion for the San Diego Marriott Marquis and a renovation of the Grand Hyatt Washington, D.C. His portfolio includes the Gaylord Colorado Resort and Conference Center Concept Design and several Caribbean resorts. Ron is particularly proud of Nashville's Gaylord Opryland Resort renovation, which was designed and constructed in six months to recover from the city's severe flooding in 2010.
New associate principals
- Brooke Taylor, previously a senior associate, is a talented designer with broad market experience. His recent work includes the soon-to-open College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta as well as education, cultural arts and mixed-use projects in the United States and Asia. Vision Tower, a luxurious, 50+ story office building in Dubai that he helped design, opened in 2011.
- Ingrid Christensen, previously a senior associate, specializes in workplace interiors. She recently completed a multi-floor project in Chicago for a confidential financial client and currently is working on a new global headquarters for long-time client Zebra Technologies in suburban Chicago.
- Lei Gao, previously a senior associate, has built his career in international projects, especially in China and United Arab Emirates. His mixed-use portfolio includes convention center, resort, hotel, office and retail projects. He currently is working on a 26-story luxury residential tower in Dubai.
- Pierluca Maffey, previously a senior associate, specializes in international projects from concept to construction. He has served as designer and project manager on projects in the Europe, China, India, United Arab Emirates and the United States. He currently is working on the Jinan Industrial Expo Center in China and a convention center in the Middle East.
- Paul McKeever, previously a senior associate, is director of operations in the Middle East and Northern Africa. Recent work includes the Nanjing Convention Center in China, Music City Center in Nashville, the adaptive reuse of Cobo Center in Detroit, Jeddah Residential Tower in Saudi Arabia and Maram Residence in Dubai.
Headshots are available.
- For individual download: http://bit.ly/tvsprm714
- For a zip file download: http://bit.ly/tvsprm714zip
tvsdesign is a firm of architects and designers that creates landmark buildings and signature spaces around the world. With offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dubai and Shanghai, tvsdesign works alongside clients worldwide to create inspired, well-thought-out designs that are an engaging expression of the client's brand. Recognized by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in 2002 with its prestigious Firm Award, tvsdesign's process enables its team to imagine more for clients. Award-winning projects range from convention centers to aquariums, mixed-use destinations to hospitals, stadiums to government offices, financial institutions to retail showcases. From seeing the real potential in a project to finding smart solutions to complex design challenges, tvsdesign is a true partner. Collectively, its studios' sustainable design experience encompasses 33 LEED Certified and 10 LEED registered projects. For more information, please visit tvsdesign.com