CHICAGO, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Canon's Pharmalot hosted a panel of experts together to discuss The Procurement Experience on April 26, 2011. The discussion centered on the interplay between ad agencies and drug makers and answered several key questions: How big a vote should procurement get in the advertising decision making process? When should procurement get involved and what should their role be? What should an agency find out about a company's procurement process before getting involved in putting together a pitch? The event was presented in UBM Studios' virtual seminar center.
Event presentations included:
- "Don't Miss the Overall: Pharmacovigilance, REMS and Risk Management" was presented by Stephen A. Goldman and moderated by Pharmalot editor, Ed Silverman
- "How a New Set of Players is Changing Personalized Medicine" was presented by Harry Glorikian and moderated by Ed Silverman
- "How to Avoid Meeting a Federal Prosecutor" was presented by Michael Loucks and moderated by Ed Silverman
- "Learn about Disclosing Physician Payments" was presented by Sarah K. Giesting and moderated by Ed Silverman
- "Navigating The FDA Accelerated Approval Process" was presented by Kurt R. Karst and moderated by Ed Silverman
- "Unbranded Websites: Understanding the jurisdiction and working within the guidelines of DDMAC" was presented by Arnold I. Friede and moderated by Ed Silverman
- "What You Don't Know about Drug Safety Can Hurt You" was presented by Barton Cobert and moderated by Ed Silverman
The complete on demand event can be viewed here.
The event was brought to you by Pharmalot, a leading industry blog with news and insights by Ed Silverman. Pharmalot is part of the UBM Canon Pharmaceutical Media Group which also includes a suite of leading pharmaceutical brands: Med Ad News, R&D Directions and Pharmalive.
For additional information on UBM Studios, contact Max Gerstein at 773 687 4317 or email@example.com.
Pharmalot is a leading web site for news, analysis and conversation about the pharmaceutical industry. Created and launched in 2007 by Ed Silverman, a prize-winning journalist who has tracked all things pharma for 16 years, the site covers everything from regulatory, marketing and R&D issues to pricing, litigation and legislation.
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon, the leading B-to-B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing, and manufacturing processes and packaging. UBM Canon is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
About UBM Studios
UBM Studios leads the industry in world-class user engagement for virtual environments, social networking and gaming. A global marketing service, UBM Studios delivers content, audience and in-depth analytics driving deeper award-winning user engagement paired with vision, process and execution.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
773 687 4321
SOURCE UBM Studios