SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
UBM Electronics, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today unveiled the complete program, including the list of more than 300 exhibiting electronics technology and product companies, at the exhibition of DESIGN West (March 26 – 29, 2012, McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, California). This new event builds on the rich engineering education foundation of the well-established Embedded Systems Conference (ESC), which is now combined with popular electronic design summits (Android Summit, Black Hat Summit, DesignMED, Multicore DevCon, EDN's Designing with LEDs, Sensors in Design) in one venue for the first time.
"Bringing together 7 top industry summits under one roof at DESIGN West allows UBM to deliver an unparalleled conference and exhibition featuring technology and products from more than 300 leading edge and early stage electronics design companies," said Kathy Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics. "With its comprehensive engineering curriculum combined with exciting theater presentations, the popular Build Your Own Embedded Systems Sessions, product teardowns, networking events and thousands of giveaways, DESIGN West dramatically raises the bar for electronics industry events."
Complementing the multi-day, in-depth DESIGN West Conference educational program targeted toward electronics engineers, DESIGN West Exhibition highlights include:
Technology Specific Show Floor Zones dedicated to specific solutions, showcasing the hottest technologies:
- ARM® Connected Community Pavilion: The place for attendees to interact exclusively with ARM partners.
- M2M Zone: A specialized area with exhibitors demonstrating connectivity solutions.
- Board Zone: The place where experts will convene to address the toughest board-related design challenges.
- DesignMED Pavilion: Featuring medical industry exhibitors.
- Multicore Zone: Multicore education, hands-on training, exhibitors, giveaways, parties and more.
- Sensors in Design Zone: The show floor area dedicated to sensors design, education and exhibitors.
All Day Hands-On Training by Texas Instruments: On Tuesday March 27, attendees can attend courses in the exhibit hall hands-on lab, Booth #2440, to learn about the latest MCU and DSP technologies for their embedded designs.
Industrial Control in Concert: 90 Days From Concept to Completion with Intel®Architecture: A musical collaboration of several devices powered by Intel® Atom™ processors revealing how the Intel® Architecture can be used for real-time capability as it applies to the industrial/factory environment where flexibility and scalability are important for faster time to market.
Geek's DIY Lab and Giveaways from Raspberry Pi: An interactive event featuring UBM Electronics' VP of Content Karen Field and an assortment of creative engineers and inspired tinkerers sharing some of their favorite DIY projects through a series of rapid-fire, highly visual presentations and step-by-step overviews of how they taped, screwed, banged, soldered, and wired together some of the world's most amazing gizmos, one-of-a-kind gadgets, and wearable technologies. The revolutionary Raspberry Pi – the $25 ARM GNU/Linux box – will be given away to the three most actively engaged engineers in the audience.
- "Chevy Volt Tear-Downs: Battery Pack, Charging System, Infotainment" with Brian Fuller, EE Life and Al Steier, Munro & Associates
- "Sensors in Automotive" with Vijay Ullal, Maxim
- "What you Need to Know about Status Motion Activated Radiofrequency Tag (SMART) Sensors" with Robert Kauffman, UDRI and Matty Toomb, American Thermal Instruments
- "Bridging the Gap between Sensing and Knowing in Mobile Devices" with Kevin Shaw, Sensor Platforms
- "A Closer Look Inside the Animas OneTouch® Ping® Glucose Management System": A Teardown
- Supply Chain - Planning for the Unexpected
- Motion Interface: The Next Transformational Technology in Consumer Products
- Engineering the Next Generation of STEM
- Status Motion-Activated Radiofrequency Tag (SMART) Sensors in Smartphones & More
- MEMS and the Changing Automobile
- Bring Your Old Tool (BYOT): TI/Mouser Sensors Tool Swap - Located in the Sensors Expo Theater, engineers can bring their old sensor tool and get a new tool in return from TI and Mouser. Tools offered in this exchange include an ultra-small, low-power, 16-bit analog-to-digital converter, an evaluation board and the LaunchPad development tool.
Industry Recognition Awards:
- Embeddy Awards: Sponsored by VDC Research Group and presented to exhibitors announcing or demonstrating the most significant new software and hardware products.
- ACE Awards: UBM Electronics program honoring the people and companies behind the technologies and products that are changing the world of electronics.
Exhibit Hall Party, March 27, 5:30 PM: Free drinks, snacks and prizes.
Prizes and Giveaways:
- 1200 DESIGN West "Tech Totes" loaded with hardware, software and free gear
- Exhibitor Giveaways Include:
- TI's Microcontroller Tool Swap – Attendees are invited to bring in a competitor's microcontroller hardware tool and exchange it for their choice of select TI MCU tools at TI Booth #1320.
- iPad, from Arium
- Kindle Touch, from Qt Commercial, Digia
- LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0, from National Instruments
- 50% off CMX-RTX or CMX-MicroNet PP License, from CMX Systems
- Microchip Development Boards/Tools, Energizer® batteries
- Single user perpetual license, from Mosaic Software
- $150 Amazon Gift Card, from Parasoft
DESIGN West registration is open at www.ubmdesign.com.
For more information on exhibiting or sponsorship, please contact Sean Raman, [email protected], 415.947.6622
Follow the News
Follow DESIGN West news via Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ubmdesign
Follow DESIGN West news via Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/UBM-Design/207402329339654
About DESIGN (www.ubmdesign.com)
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, UBM Electronics' DESIGN events are the global electronics industry's leading gatherings. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, DESIGN is the ideal venue for the electronics engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. UBM Electronics' DESIGN events cater to the extremely technical, higher-learning needs of the world's top engineers while providing an unprecedented forum for the examination of the industry's pressing business challenges. In addition, DESIGN West celebrates decades of unique local electronics industry culture, innovation and Silicon Valley's significant contributions to the global technology industry.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, EDN China, EDN Asia, EDN Japan, Design News and Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN West, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information on DESIGN West 2012 please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
Kaye Public Relations
SOURCE UBM Electronics