SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM's Advanced Design and Manufacturing portfolio will provide an immersive experience at its annual tradeshow taking place May 3-4, 2017, at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. The two-day event will feature exhibits from leading companies across multiple industries, presentations from manufacturing and design thought leaders, and exciting attractions for attendees and exhibitors, alike. Leading topics for Boston 2017 include: virtual reality (VR), robotics, medtech, sensors, wearables, smart manufacturing, polymers, and professional networking.
UBM's Advanced Design and Manufacturing event in Boston features four expos under the same roof including: BIOMEDevice Boston, Design & Manufacturing (D&M) New England, Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Boston, and PLASTEC New England.
"At UBM's Advanced Design and Manufacturing events we offer an unparalleled experience featuring top-tier content, speed networking, Innovation Tours, and hot-topic discussions. We strive to provide opportunities for attendees and exhibitors across all the industries that we serve with new experiences and real-world learning that will help take their business to the next level," said Nina Brown, Vice President of Events, UBM.
UBM's Advanced Design and Manufacturing event in Boston features more than 400 leading suppliers in sectors ranging from medical and embedded technology to robotics and plastics. The expo floor provides a unique opportunity to experience the latest innovations from the top industries in the New England region and around the world. Presentations on the expo floor take place at Center Stage, Tech Theater and ESC Engineering Theater, and focused Innovation Tours will lead attendees through the show floor, concentrating on key themes at the forefront of various industries.
ESC Engineering Theater:
Learn about the latest developments in the embedded technology industry at the ESC Engineering Theater through presentations, meet-ups, and demonstrations. Emerging topics such as virtual reality, embedded speech, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and IoT design will all be covered. Presenting companies include DfR Solutions, Intelligent Product Solutions, Mentor Graphics, and Nadler & Associates, among others. Highlights from ESC Engineering Theater include:
- Advanced Technologies for 21st Century Embedded Systems – Learn about new technologies such as embedded systems, artificial neural networks, deep learning, machine vision, and virtual and augmented realities, and explore all these technologies are coming together to shape the future of many industries.
- The Museum of Interesting Things – See a distinctive traveling interactive demonstration/exhibition of antiques and inventions that inspires curiosity. For ESC, the museum will include select highlights from its collection that cover: inventions through the ages, early communications devices, computers, computing paraphernalia and gaming systems.
- Advanced Technologies Meet-up – Connect with colleagues at this networking session to discuss the latest trends in advanced technologies and artificial intelligence.
At the heart of the expo floor action, Center Stage features thought-provoking presentations and covers topics such as, collaborative robotics, sensors, bionics, and more. Presenting companies include: Axis New England, B-Temia Inc., Beta Bionics, Draper Labs, Ekso Bionics, Joshi Design, Limbitless Solutions, Mobius Bionics, Nachman Biomedical, Smartshape and University of Massachusetts (Lowell), among others. Highlights include:
- Panel Discussion: The Extinction of the Human Worker? – The Future Role of Collaborative Robots in Smart Manufacturing – Discover how companies are turning to collaborative robots and learn if they can completely take over manufacturing jobs in the future.
- Meet a Robot from the Hit Television Show BattleBots® – Take advantage of the opportunity to meet Brutus and Adam Bercu from the hit television show BattleBots®!
Tech Theater gives the most innovative exhibitors the opportunity to showcase their latest breakthroughs and technological developments. Tech Theater features presentations from Auer Precision Company, Jordi Labs, Tech Foundry, Tekscan and Toxikon, among others. Highlights from Tech Theater include:
- Force Sensors Drive the Sense of Touch in IoT – Learn about the importance of the Internet of Things (IoT) and why FlexiForce Sensors are the ideal embedded force sensing option for optimization in smart, connected devices.
- Science of Adhesives: Challenges of Adhesives in Manufacturing – This talk will explore differences in adhesives and how they affect throughput, downtime, stamping rates, product defects, and adhesive residue build up.
This year's Boston event will shine a spotlight on sensor technologies and how new developments are enabling engineers to push boundaries in consumer electronics, Internet of Things (IoT), defense, bionics, healthcare, and robotics. Attendees can get a new view of the market by visiting exhibitors in the dedicated Sensors Zone and Bionics Showcase, where they can see sensors in action like the bionic pancreas from Beta Bionics, among other innovative use cases. You will also have the opportunity to hear sensor-related presentations across the expo floor at Tech Theater, Center Stage, and ESC Engineering Theater. For a full list of sensor-driven content at UBM Boston, please visit: http://esc-boston.com/sensors/
Join an industry expert for a guided tour of the show floor. Tour topics include Medical Technologies, led by MD+DI, 3D Printing Technologies, led by Design News, and Sensor Technologies. For more information about the Innovation Tours, please visit: schedule.esc-boston.com/session-type/innovation-tour-free
One-on-one speed networking helps attendees make matches in minutes. Connect with engineers and executives in multiple industries for quick, five-minute sessions to develop new contacts and relationships. To see the full Speed Networking schedule, please visit: schedule.esc-boston.com/session-type/networking-session-free
UBM's annual Boston event continues to grow with the support of key sponsors, exhibitors, and suppliers, including Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, MassMedic, MedTech, Proto Labs, Samtec Microelectronics, Tech Foundry, Tekscan, and the University of Massachusetts (Lowell, M2D2), among others.
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
UBM plc is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. In an increasingly digital world, the value of connecting on a meaningful, human level has never been more important. At UBM, our deep knowledge and passion for the industry sectors we serve allow us to create valuable experiences where people can succeed. At our events people build relationships, close deals and grow their businesses. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors – from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. These global networks, skilled, passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions. For more information, go to www.ubm.com; for UBM corporate news, follow us on Twitter at @UBM.