SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Intel® Ultrabook™ is a new class of 'must-have,' no-compromise devices that deliver best-in-class performance and ultra-responsiveness in thin, light and sexy designs. With substantially longer battery life and a price point of under $1000, Intel expects the Ultrabook to be as transformational to mobile computing as Intel® Centrino® mobile technology was more than eight years ago.
- An Ultrabook promises the following:
- Thin & Light: Less than 21mm thick.
- Fast Start-Up: Intel® Rapid Start Technology gets the Ultrabook up and running faster, waking almost instantly, saving time and battery life.
- Longer Battery Life: 5-8 hours of battery life, even in sleekest designs, that lasts much longer than traditional notebooks when not in use.
- Ultrabook devices will arrive in three phases, each adding more exciting features (touch, security, faster wake-on-resume, etc.) and sleeker, thinner designs.
- Intel is investing significant money and resources to create and accelerate the Ultrabook category, including $300 million Ultrabook Fund from Intel Capital that invests in companies worldwide that are innovating in hardware, software, battery technology, and design.
The first Ultrabook devices powered by the visibly smart Intel® Core™ processor family hitting the market now:
To learn more: Intel Ultrabook Newsroom.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel, Intel Atom and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.