FAIRFIELD, N.J., Aug. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- UNICO National, the largest Italian American Service Organization in America, held their 96th Annual Convention July 25-28 at the Delray Beach Marriott in Delray Beach, Florida.
Over 200 Members attended the convention where UNICO wraps up its year with meetings, reports, and social events. Some of the highlights include:
- Lee Norelli of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter was elected as National President and the rest of the Executive Committee was elected and named.
- Over $100,000 was raised by local Chapters and Members. The money went to UNICO Charities including scholarships, mental health, armed services, Cooley's anemia, and Italian heritage.
- A $50,000 check was presented to the Jimmy V Foundation for a cancer research grant in honor of deceased UNICO member Carl Esposito.
- Frank Blasi of the Scranton Chapter received the Vastola Award, the highest honor bestowed upon a UNICAN.
- John DiNapoli of the Orange/West Orange, New Jersey Chapter was reelected as UNICO Foundation President. The Foundation approved several grants totaling almost $90,000.
UNICO National will hold their 97th Annual Convention July 2019 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
SOURCE UNICO National