LAKE OSWEGO, Ore., July 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Unigo Group, a portfolio company of Aequitas Capital, announces its exclusive partnership with MONEY and Time, Inc. to produce the MONEY College Planner: a premium digital guide to finding, getting into and paying for the school that's right for your student and your budget. Powered by Unigo, the full-access program includes a powerful search tool, unique data and college profiles, as well as one–on–one advice sessions with college counselors. The partnership includes a multi-year agreement for Unigo Group to power and optimize the MONEY College Planner.
"Unigo.com is designed to maximize every student's Return on Education™," said Brad McMahon, Senior Vice President of Digital Services at Unigo Group. "We're proud to partner with MONEY to provide technology, content and an expert advisor community to fuel their innovative College Planner decision support tool for parents and students."
The MONEY College Planner, introduced alongside MONEY's 2015-16 Best Colleges, features:
- Full Rankings: All of the 700-plus schools that provide the best value per tuition dollar, as well as profiles of the top 50 colleges.
- More Top Schools: Browse complete rankings of the Best Publics, Best Liberal Arts Colleges, Value All-Stars, Most Affordable, Best for Merit Aid, and "Great Schools You Can Actually Get Into."
- Customized Search: Students can build a personal Best Colleges list based on factors that are most important to them, from location to average test scores of students attending.
- Tools: Give students an idea of how much the school they're interested in will cost based on their financial situation and other key information.
- Advice: Links to MONEY's library of stories on getting and paying for a great education.
- Premium Services: The full-access program offers a more powerful search tool, unique data, more profiles, and one-on-one advice from college counselors who are members of the Independent Educational Consultants Association; $24.95 a year or $14.95 for MONEY subscribers.
"The Unigo platform delivers exceptional resources to help students and parents make informed decisions about their higher education options," said MONEY Editor Diane Harris. "We built the MONEY College Planner to focus specifically on which institutions will offer the best value for each family, and Unigo's technology aligned perfectly with our approach to achieving that goal."
With more than 1.6 million subscribers, Unigo Group is a leading provider of online information and matching systems for both prospective students and administrators in the rapidly-changing college admissions marketplace. Unigo's proprietary matching process incorporates biographical information, unique data related to learning styles and school preferences, and a scientifically validated school fit assessment to compile a personalized list of colleges and universities where a given student is likely to be successful. Unigo also connects its subscribers with financing, scholarships, and additional resources to help them achieve their higher education goals.
About Unigo Group
To promote, advance and maximize a Return On Education™, Unigo Group (http://www.unigogroup.com/) matches college consumers with universities and the resources needed to attend, to thrive and to graduate. Our tailored SaaS solutions, targeted web properties, and consumer finance programs fuel a network that each year powers tens of millions of unique interactions between the college consumer and our partners in higher education and commerce.
Unigo Group uses its unique insights and proprietary technologies to provide complete and transparent information that helps higher education consumers choose the right school for their needs and future goals. We improve Return on Education™. From picking a school, to funding your education, to maintaining financial discipline while you build your career, Unigo Group is a trusted and reliable partner.
Unigo Group is a portfolio company of Aequitas Capital (http://www.aequitascapital.com/). Founded in 1993, Aequitas Capital is a diversified financial services company that creates alternative investments including private equity, private credit and specialty finance. The firm leverages its network and team of industry specialists to uncover opportunities in the traditionally underserved sectors of healthcare, education and financial services. Aequitas helps its portfolio companies and strategic partners reach their goals by providing management expertise, technology infrastructure and a network of support services.
Please follow @Unigo (https://twitter.com/Unigo) for more information.
SOURCE Unigo Group