SEATTLE, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LoadStar announces that it has executed five (5) new definitive agreements with customers with terms ranging up to three years in duration. This follows the launch of the new StellarTrak™ service, which was announced on January 16, 2012.
The customers span industries and geographies:
- A fresh produce grower that distributes throughout the Americas;
- A clothing manufacturer shipping to the fashion centers in the European Union;
- A multinational consumer goods company intent on maintaining the integrity of their shipments and consumer safety;
- A logistics service provider offering integrated turn-key solutions to customers in Asia; and
- A manufacturer of home cooking products that are distributed in a growing number of countries in the western hemisphere.
While the companies are diverse, they share the common objectives of providing physical integrity of their products while in-transit – as well as delivering on their promises to their end customers of having the right product, at the right place, at the right time.
Neil Smith, CEO of LoadStar, attributes the recent customer success to LoadStar's unique offering, stating: "We often hear from customers that logistics is 'a large part physical and a large part informational.' What they mean by that is that you need both physical transportation assets as well as reliable information systems in order to meet their needs."
"LoadStar and our parent company, Hutchison Port Holdings, are uniquely positioned to provide world-class services for both. As the pressure for product stewardship continues to rise, the accountability and control afforded by StellarTrak becomes even more attractive. StellarTrak provides indisputable, real-time information so all parties can work together to ensure the appropriate "duties of care" are adhered to, and that critical assets and resources are used to their maximum -- all from a solution that is easy to deploy and use," Mr. Smith said.
LoadStar provides complete GPS-based solutions to help customers improve the security and effectiveness of their shipments, assets, and resources. LoadStar operates worldwide, with offices in North America, Latin America and Asia. For more information, visit: www.LoadStarGlobal.com, or e-mail us at: [email protected] .