MANCHESTER, N.H. and BOSTON, Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- UNIT4, the world's leading provider of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and financial management software for fast changing organizations, today announced the launch of Coda Cloud Rebel, a best-of-class financial software delivery option that extends Coda's portfolio by offering a low-cost, hosted deployment model. It is particularly aimed at independence-focused CFOs and CIOs that want complete freedom to choose the specialist solutions they want, deployed in the way that best suits them: on premises, in the cloud or a hybrid approach.
Coda Cloud Rebel leverages UNIT4's highly popular Coda Financials software suite now used by +2900 companies worldwide. For more than 30 years, it has been deemed by CFOs globally as the most comprehensive and interoperable financial software solution on the market.
The new cloud deployment solution was introduced in Boston to the world's leading technology analysts as part of a larger "Independence Strategy" formulated by UNIT4 to expand its range of low-cost, easy-change choices for a buyer segment of the market UNIT4 describes as 'Businesses Living IN Change' or BLINC™. Coda Financials is known for its interoperability with other software solutions allowing independence-focused buyers to select and integrate solutions that suit their particular needs, ideal for organizations facing ongoing change like mergers and acquisitions, new financial regulations, or reorganizations.
"Big ERP vendors are still guilty of making their clients dependent and entrapped in their technology stacks," said Steve Pugh, CEO of UNIT4 CODA, Inc. "Coda Cloud Rebel provides independence and the freedom for companies to run their technology in the most effective way for them. It leverages Coda's LINK architecture, allowing business systems to be added, kept or changed without losing control or increasing the risk of non-compliance. We're providing CFOs with the best of both worlds; a way to shed unnecessary hardware/technology costs and a highly secure hosting environment. An increasing number of executives are becoming more comfortable with the concept of storing corporate data outside of their own physical facilities. Our highly secure datacenters, redundancies and private cloud environment provide a great way to build in efficiencies, speed deployments, provide unlimited data accessibility and support business change."
Coda Cloud Rebel Offers Security and Choice
Coda Cloud Rebel can be delivered via various hosted computing models and environments:
- A Virtual-Machine (VM) Environment Choice: Coda Cloud Rebel offers multiple hardware deployment choices that allow businesses to migrate between cloud-based and on-site environments as they wish, including:
- An Internal Private Cloud approach (companies optimize their own hardware);
- An External Private Hybrid Cloud approach (companies leverage external hardware options);
- A Hybrid approach (that includes any combination of the above)
- Private Cloud Environment: The hosting requirements of Coda Cloud Rebel will be managed by the UNIT4 Hybrid Computing Center, which provides Coda Financials customers with a single point of contact, the terms & conditions and service levels required, a centralized provisioning/reporting center, end user IT support and telephone/e-mail and self-service portal support. The hybrid private cloud options available to manage/host an organization's data are:
- UNIT4 Hybrid Computing Center
- Industry-specific hosting centers.
The software will be hosted in the datacenters of Telecity, the leading provider of highly connected datacenters throughout Europe. All Datacenter and IT Services activities are ISO-27001 certified.
- A Redundant Web Backbone and Data Storage Component: This powerful and protective solution combines the best of the capabilities within the UNIT4 Hybrid Computing Center and the Telecity backbone. The high availability of these operations enables data centers to be switched within seconds in the event of a problem. Fiber-optic lines provide an additional monitoring layer to provide immediate combined fail-over and data recovery.
"We offer CFO's all of the advantages of the newest technology options, on a financial software platform that has been proven and trusted by organizations for three decades regardless of changing circumstances affecting their businesses," explains Pugh. "Enterprise software buyers do not need to compromise. Once they look beyond the confusing and often limited choices of the big ERP companies, they join the thousands of organizations that have discovered the closer match to their business requirements that UNIT4 solutions provide."
About UNIT4 CODA
UNIT4 CODA, Inc. is part of UNIT4, a $517 million global business software company that creates, delivers and supports adaptable business software and services to help dynamic organizations manage their business needs effectively. We strive to set the global standard for business solutions that enable companies to embrace change – simply, quickly and cost effectively.
Coda Financials is our award-winning suite of best-of-class financial management software designed to integrate with your industry- and company-specific applications. Coda provides real-time financial visibility and control across people, processes and systems. By acting as the financial information backbone for companies with fast-changing and mixed application environments, it offers a "no compromise" approach to financial modeling, process controls and application choice. For more information on UNIT4 Coda, visit www.unit4coda.com or contact:
Phone: (603) 471-1787
Cell: (603) 591-6600