LOS ANGELES, Oct. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- unite4:good (www.u4g.com), the global platform for kindness and social good, kicked-off THE BALCONY'S Wesley Stromberg and Kenny Holland's first initiative as the organization's first Global Youth Ambassadors at a star-studded event in Hollywood this week. Stromberg, who was also recently named a United Nations Youth Ambassador for its annual International Day of Peace, along with Holland, launched unite4:good's iam4: Photo Campaign on Wednesday evening, October 14th, simultaneously during the launch of their YouTube Channel and the video world premiere of their first single, "Fire," at the W Hotel. The iam4: Photo Campaign, along with other upcoming initiatives, will use the power of social media to help mobilize youth towards positive action and will encourage their fans and followers to promote social good. Having amassed over 8 million followers, Stromberg and Holland have demonstrated that they are strong influencers within the social media world and among the millennial generation.
The launch of the iam4: campaign demonstrates unite4:good's mission to use the power of social media to help bring awareness to causes and charitable organizations in an effort to make a positive difference and promote social good. To spread the message of positive action, Stromberg and Holland will ask participants to do the following:
- Download the iam4: photo template at http://bit.ly/1OzeKj3
- Write the name of the cause or charitable organization that most resonates on the blank line provided
- Post the photo on social media platforms with hashtags #iam4 and #u4g for a chance to win rewards from THE BALCONY
In addition to the above, as part of their 2015 calendar of initiatives, Stromberg and Holland will soon launch unite4:good's #kindnessfirst Campaign. Starting November 1st, 2015, and continuing throughout 2016, Stromberg and Holland will initiate the unite4:good call to action at the beginning of each month that promotes kindness and positive change.
- Everyone is encouraged to give their social media over to positivity on the first of each month – posting about local non-profits and initiatives, kind actions, uplifting content or share details about their participation in a social good initiative.
- Individuals are asked to also create a profile on the new unite4:good digital platform, and via their member profiles, participate in the call to action items initiated by Stromberg and Holland.
- On November 1st, unite4:good will officially launch Stromberg and Holland's profiles on the unite4:good platform and, throughout the course of the campaign, they will continue to onboard their influencer peers and fans in order to create a community of good that will have measureable impact. The new unite4:good platform bridges the digital world with the real-world, allowing individuals, brands, non-profit organizations, among others, to unite in a common goal of creating kindness and social good. To learn more about the unite4:good platform or to join, please visit www.u4g.com.
The initiatives above, as well as upcoming campaigns spearheaded by Stromberg and Holland, will encourage their fans, and the millennial generation, to participate in taking a stand for positive action, social causes and inspire them to explore issues that personally resonate.
"We are so excited to kick-off our first social good initiatives as Global Youth Ambassadors for unite4:good," says Stromberg. "The iam4: and #kindnessfirst campaigns' are designed to encourage our generation to be kind to one another and take positive action." Adds Holland, "We are so thrilled to be given the opportunity to start a dialogue and create awareness amongst our fans who are already passionate about making a positive difference."
"Becoming aware of how to make a difference and then taking the first step towards creating social good is vitally important, especially for our youth who are just beginning their lifelong journey in terms of commitment to positive change," says Anthony Melikhov, founder of unite4:good. "This is a time for this generation to think about what they stand for and why, and the launch of these social media campaigns is an easy yet powerful way to get the conversation started."
About THE BALCONY
Having amassed over eight (8) million followers, Wesley Stromberg and Kenny Holland come together to create a dynamic new sound. With the recent release of their debut single "Fire" and a forthcoming EP this Fall, THE BALCONY brings a vibrant young energy to the music scene. For more information, please visit www.thebalconymusic.com.
The unite4:good (U4G) digital platform, launching in October 2015, bridges the online world with real-world action by uniting individuals, brands, non-profit organizations, thought leaders and influencers in a common goal of creating kindness and social good. The platform inspires users to earn points through their kindness and philanthropic efforts; and offers the opportunity to redeem or donate those points in the online marketplace for tangible rewards. The U4G platform is a new 'ecosystem' that makes doing good the most direct path to individual fulfillment, cause awareness and a sustainable, measurable global shift towards positivity.