WASHINGTON, July 15, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United States Mint today announced the release of MyUSMint, the bureau's new mobile application (app) for Android™, iPhone® and iPod touch®.
"This new app is just one more way for the public to connect with the U.S. Mint," said Rosie Rios, Treasurer of the United States. "This is clearly an exciting development and a great way to take advantage of the technology that is available today."
"We're constantly striving to find new ways to serve our customers and the American public," added Principal Deputy Director Rhett Jeppson. "The new app comes on the heels of introducing a new order management system and reflects our commitment to be a world class organization."
The free mobile app is now available on Google Play™ and the App Store℠. Users who download the MyUSMint app will have easy access to United States Mint products — including the ability to place and track orders — and educational information. Users may customize their home screen based on interests that include:
- Product Schedule – Directs users to the product schedule at https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/.
- Gifts – Directs users to the gifts category at
- Best Sellers – Directs users to best-selling products at https://catalog.usmint.gov/featured/best-sellers/.
- Educational Interests
- History – Shows daily events in the bureau's history for the current month.
- Circulating Coins – Provides a list of all the circulating coins, with images and information about specifications, design, and history.
- News – Provides access to the latest five news releases.
Additional information about the United States Mint's app, MyUSMint, is available at http://www.usmint.gov/campaigns/?action=MyUSMint-mobile-app.
About the United States Mint
The United States Mint was created by Congress in 1792 and became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. It is the Nation's sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage and is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The United States Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. The United States Mint's numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
- For information about the United States Mint, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/.
- To subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements, visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
SOURCE United States Mint