New quarter honors Olympic National Park in Washington
WASHINGTON, June 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Join the United States Mint and the National Park Service Tuesday, June 14, for the official launch of the new quarter honoring Olympic National Park. The ceremony will take place 11 a.m. Pacific Time (PT), at City Pier in Port Angeles, Wash. Following the ceremony, there will be a coin exchange where the public can swap their cash for rolls of the new Olympic National Park quarter. Children 18 years old and younger will receive a free Olympic National Park quarter to commemorate the event.
WHAT: Presentation of the Olympic National Park Quarter and Coin Exchange
WHO: B.B. Craig, Associate Director, United States Mint
Mike Gregoire, First Gentleman of Washington
Karen Gustin, Superintendent, Olympic National Park
Jeff Renner, Chief Meteorologist, KING 5 News
WHEN: Tuesday, June 14 at 11 a.m. (PT)
WHERE: City Pier
Port Angeles, Wash.
The United States Mint will hold a Coin Forum on Monday, June 13, at 7 p.m. (PT). The Coin Forum is an opportunity for the public to give their input about the Nation's future coinage, and to learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives. The forum will be held at the Olympic National Park Visitor Center at 3002 Mt. Angeles Road in Port Angeles, Wash.
The America the Beautiful Quarters Program, authorized by Public Law 110-456, is a 12-year initiative to honor 56 national parks and other national sites. Each year, the public will see five new quarters, each with an honored national site depicted on the coin's reverse (tails side). The United States Mint will issue these quarters in the order in which the honored site was first established as a national site. The Olympic National Park quarter is the eighth coin released in the program.
- A digital image of the Olympic National Park quarter is available at: http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=Photo#AmericaTheBeautiful
- Additional information about the America the Beautiful Quarters Program can be found at: http://www.americathebeautifulquarters.gov
- Information about the United States Mint is available at: http://www.usmint.gov
- More information about Olympic National Park can be found at: http://www.nps.gov/olym/index.htm
- On the Web: www.newsInfusion.com --Search Keywords: U.S. Mint, Olympic National Park, Port Angeles
SOURCE United States Mint