WASHINGTON, Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Join the United States Mint Thursday, August 18, at the launch ceremony for the new Presidential $1 Coin honoring Rutherford B. Hayes, our Nation's 19th President. The event will take place 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in Fremont, Ohio. Fremont Mayor, Terry Overmyer, will also participate. Following the ceremony, the public can exchange their cash for 25-coin rolls of the Rutherford B. Hayes $1 Coin at face value. Each child 18 years old and younger will receive a new Rutherford B. Hayes $1 Coin to commemorate the event.
WHAT: Presentation of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential $1 Coin and Coin Exchange
WHO: Marc Landry, Acting Associate Director of Manufacturing,
United States Mint
Terry Overmyer, Mayor, City of Fremont
Thomas J. Culbertson, Executive Director, Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
WHEN: Thursday, August 18, 2011, 10:00 a.m. (ET)
WHERE: The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
1 Spiegel Grove
Fremont, OH 43420-2796
The Rutherford B. Hayes $1 Coin is the 19th release in the United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Program, authorized by Public Law 109-145 (the Presidential Dollar Coin Act of 2005). The Act directs the United States Mint to strike and issue four $1 coins each year featuring the images of our Nation's presidents in the order that they served in office.
- A digital image of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential $1 Coin is available at http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=Photo#Pres.
- Additional information about the Presidential $1 Coin program is available at http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/.
- Information about the United States Mint is available at http://www.usmint.gov.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow the United States Mint on Facebook and Twitter.
- Information about the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center is available at http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/.
SOURCE United States Mint