WASHINGTON, June 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United States Mint will introduce the Yellowstone National Park Quarter to the Nation on Thursday, June 3, at 10:30 a.m. Mountain Time (MT). The special ceremony will take place near Old Faithful geyser, which is depicted on the reverse (tails side) of the coin. The ceremony will also be broadcast live on the web at: http://www.americathebeautifulquarters.gov. Following the ceremony, the public can exchange their currency for $10 rolls of the Yellowstone National Park Quarter. Children 18 years and younger will receive a new Yellowstone National Park Quarter to commemorate the event.
WHAT: Presentation of the Yellowstone National Park America the Beautiful Quarter and Coin Exchange
WHO: Ed Moy, Director, United States Mint
Suzanne Lewis, Superintendent, Yellowstone National Park
Paul Schullery, Historian and Author
Gene Bryan, Member, Wyoming Tourism Board
WHEN: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 10:30 a.m. (MT)
WHERE: In front of the Old Faithful Inn
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190
Note: In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held at the Old Faithful Lodge Recreation Hall
WEBCAST: Broadcast live on the web at: http://www.americathebeautifulquarters.gov. The stream will be available beginning at 10:25 a.m. (MT).
The America the Beautiful Quarters Program, authorized by Public Law 110-456, is a 12-year initiative to honor 56 national parks and other national sites. Each year, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverse (tails side) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. The United States Mint will issue these quarters in the order in which the honored site was first established as a national site.
Additional information about the America the Beautiful Quarters Program can be found at:
Additional information about Yellowstone National Park can be found at:
A digital image of the Yellowstone National Park quarter is available at: http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=Photo#AmericaTheBeautiful
- Video News Package:
- A video news package will be available via satellite feed on Thursday, June 3 and Friday, June 4. The package will contain video of the Yellowstone ceremony, interviews with Ed Moy, Director of the United States Mint; and Suzanne Lewis, Superintendent, Yellowstone National Park. Additional video will include general footage of Yellowstone National Park, coin design, coin production and finished coins.
- Satellite Feed Information:
- Thursday, June 3rd 3:30-4:00 PM (ET) Galaxy 28C, Tr. 15, DL 4000V
- Friday, June 4th 10:30-10:45 AM (ET) Galaxy 19C, Tr. 7, DL 3840V
- On the Web:
- www.newsInfusion.com Search Keywords: U.S. Mint Yellowstone
For Information Contact:
Gordon Hume 202-354-7222
SOURCE United States Mint