COLUMBIA, S.C., July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today reported tremendous growth in Q2 2013, marking the company's 18th consecutive record quarter. Unitrends achieved 67 percent growth in bookings, Q2 2013 over Q2 2012, and added nearly 800 new customers throughout the first half of 2013. The company now serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide and, despite rapid expansion, has maintained a customer satisfaction rating exceeding 98 percent.
"Unitrends has been so successful these past few years because we've taken the time to identify core metrics across all key areas of the business and have put the resources in place to support each one," said Mike Coney, president and CEO, Unitrends. "It's easy to put a laser focus on revenue and sales, but customer support, cutting-edge technology, industry-leading channel programs and strategic partnerships must also be prioritized equally. That has been our mission since I became CEO in 2009, and, as a result, we've experienced record growth for 18 consecutive quarters and show no signs of slowing anytime soon."
Additional highlights from Unitrends' record-setting first half of 2013 include:
- More than 30,000 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup™, the company's software-only backup and recovery virtual appliance, since the product launched in June 2012.
- 168 percent growth in new channel deal registrations, Q2 2013 over Q2 2012.
- More than 5,000 UniRewards members since the loyalty program formally launched in February 2013. With UniRewards, partners and resellers can earn rewards points for engaging in various activities that support Unitrends' products and services and then redeem those points for cash.
- More than 80 employees hired across all organizational functions, including several in-country staff supporting Unitrends' expansion in the U.K., France and Germany. To accommodate Unitrends' rapid growth, site expansions took place at Unitrends' headquarters in Columbia, S.C., as well as at its sales and marketing hub in Burlington, Mass.
Unitrends continued to enhance its product portfolio, already known for delivering unified data protection across heterogeneous environments at the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry. Innovative, new features added in Q2 include:
- Integrated global deduplication and WAN acceleration: Resource-optimized, source-based deduplication between on-premise appliances and off-premise or cloud-based solutions, resulting in higher performance and 400 percent more storage space than competing products.
- Expanded support for Microsoft® environments: Data protection for Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Microsoft SharePoint® 2013.
- SAN direct backups: LAN-less backups to reduce backup windows and recovery time objectives (RTOs).
- Enhanced disk-to-disk-to-tape (D2D2T) archiving support: Long term data archiving support now available for Fibre Channel tape drives, in addition to SAS and SCSI tape drives.
- Unitrends Enterprise Backup user experience enhancements: Simplified Microsoft Hyper-V® and VMware® vSphere™ storage wizard for easier setup, as well as more granular navigation, recovery and reporting of Hyper-V and vSphere virtual machines.
Unitrends has customized its Unified Data Protection offering for the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (UCS). The dynamic combination of Unitrends Enterprise Backup and Cisco's integrated compute platform results in a first-of-its-kind solution that transforms data centers by bringing computing, networking, storage access and virtualization together with backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery. Unitrends' support for the Cisco UCS fabric will be generally available in the second half of 2013.
Unitrends' high-velocity growth, innovative technology and unrivaled customer support were recognized by a variety of awards programs in Q2, including:
- Best of Columbia, S.C., Awards: Winner in the "Computer Software and Services" category.
- Network Products Guide's Hot Companies and Best Products Awards: Named a silver winner in the "Company Growth of the Year" category and received an honorable mention in the "Hot Companies" category.
- The American Business Awards: Named a finalist in the "Fastest Growing Tech Company of the Year" category (winners will be announced on September 16, 2013).
- Red Herring Top 100: Finalist for the Red Herring Top 100 North America list.
- ICMI Global Call Center Awards: Finalist in the "Best Customer Experience Program" category.
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.