BURLINGTON, Mass., Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends today announced that its Service Provider Program experienced 278 percent revenue growth in its first year. Launched in August 2013, Unitrends' Service Provider Program enables hosting, managed service and cloud providers to generate recurring revenue through high-margin service offerings, including Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Replication as a Service (RaaS).
Hybrid Cloud Backup for Complete Disaster Recovery Assurance
Leveraging Unitrends' capability stack, service providers can easily and affordably build a hybrid cloud backup offering that enables them to become a full-service disaster recovery partner to their customers. Flexible on-premise appliances achieve customers' recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs), while data replication to the cloud and disaster recovery spin-up in the cloud provide complete recovery assurance and automated business continuity. Unitrends' capability stack also offers 100 percent automated disaster recovery testing and pushbutton failover, ensuring restoration within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
"Non-intrusive disaster recovery testing is one of the major advantages of Unitrends' Service Provider Program," said Stephen Evans, IT director at DirectCloud, one of Unitrends' managed service provider (MSP) partners. "We can automate failover and recovery testing based on RTOs and RPOs at any time without impacting our customers' production environments. A lot of vendors provide virtual backup and recovery, but Unitrends enables us to support our customers with backup and recovery assurance that meets defined SLAs no matter how diverse or complex the environment. That's a significant competitive advantage for us."
Additional features of Unitrends' Service Provider Program include:
- Scalable Subscription Licensing – Tiered licensing structure offers steep discounting based on protected capacity.
- Flexible Deployment Models – Robust selection of virtual and physical appliances makes it quick and easy for service providers to add new, high-margin offerings that increase recurring revenue.
- Heterogeneous Data Protection – Support for more than 100 different versions of operating systems, applications, servers, storage platforms and hypervisors – all of which can be easily managed through a single interface.
- Enterprise-Class Functionality – Cutting-edge data protection features, including deduplication, onsite and offsite instant recovery, application-aware recovery, and agentless, host-level hypervisor protection.
- Unrivaled Security and Compliance – Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption and comprehensive reporting complement innovative data protection functionality.
- Premium Support – 24/7 access to Unitrends' support team, which boasts a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating.
"Unitrends' Service Provider Program combines state-of-the-art technology with tremendously aggressive pricing," said Alex Tarani, president of IT4, Inc., another Unitrends MSP. "As a result, we're able to drive recurring revenue and keep our customers happy. It's a win-win business model for us and our customers. This program really speaks volumes about Unitrends' desire to help MSPs succeed and rapidly grow their business."
"Our Service Provider Program has been remarkably well-received because it provides unequaled business value," said Mike Coney, president and CEO of Unitrends. "We're a one-stop shop for all backup, archiving, replication and disaster recovery needs across virtual, physical and cloud environments; we deliver industry-leading customer support; and we offer the industry's only 100 percent disaster recovery assurance guarantee. The result is data protection at the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry, which, in turn, enables providers to increase recurring revenue, boost profitability and attract new customers."
For more information on Unitrends' Service Provider Program, please visit www.unitrends.com/partners/msp-program. Full-featured trial licenses are available for service providers evaluating this program. To get started, please visit www.unitrends.com/products/software/download.
Unitrends provides virtual, physical and cloud-based protection and recovery for every organization's most valuable assets: its data and applications. Supported by a "crazy-committed" customer service model based on engagement, experience and excellence, the company consistently achieves a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating and helps everyone play IT safe by delivering the best cost-to-value ratio in the data protection industry. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Marketing Communications Manager