CLEVELAND, April 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The US freight trucking industry is forecast to generate revenues of $381 billion in 2021, according to Freight by Truck: United States, a report recently released by Freedonia Focus Reports. Providers of trucking services will benefit from the growing volume of goods that will require transport throughout the supply chain and to consumer outlets as manufacturers' shipments, retail sales, and trade levels continue to rise.
In cyclical terms, shipment levels of products that trucks haul in large volumes – such as food, natural resources, metals, machinery, and furniture – are particularly important indicators. In structural terms, the trucking industry benefits compared to other freight modes from its capacity to provide the high flexibility required for just-in-time deliveries of all types of components and finished goods.
These and other key insights are featured in Freight by Truck: United States. This report forecasts US freight trucking revenues in US dollars to 2021. Total revenues are segmented by establishment type in terms of:
- general freight trucking, long-distance, truckload
- general freight trucking, long-distance, less-than-truckload
- general freight trucking, local
- specialized freight trucking, local
- specialized freight trucking, long-distance
- specialized freight trucking, used household and office goods moving.
To illustrate historical trends, revenues in nominal and real (inflation-adjusted) terms, and the various segments in nominal terms are provided in annual series from 2006 to 2016.
More information about the report is available at
About Freedonia Focus Reports
Each month, The Freedonia Group – a division of MarketResearch.com – publishes over 20 new or updated Freedonia Focus Reports, providing fresh, unbiased analysis on a wide variety of markets and industries. Published in 20-30 pages, Focus Report coverage ranges from raw materials to finished manufactured goods and related services such as freight and construction. Additional Services & Industries can be purchased at www.freedoniafocusreports.com or marketresearch.com.
Analysis is intended to guide the busy reader through pertinent topics in rapid succession, including:
- total historical market size and industry output
- segmentation by products and markets
- identification of market drivers, constraints, and key indicators
- segment-by-segment outlook in five-year forecasts
- a survey of the supply base
- suggested resources for further study.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-freight-trucking-revenue-to-reach-381-billion-in-2021-300434231.html
SOURCE The Freedonia Group