CHICAGO, Jan. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- AHIHA is pleased to announce that registration is now open for tryouts for the 2019 US Men's Deaflympic Ice Hockey Team. Be part of the team that represents the United States in the 2019 Deaflympics to be held Dec. 12th through the 21st in Italy.
Tryouts will be held at the Northtown Center in Amherst, NY from April 24th – 28th. The cost for the tryout is $200. This fee covers the cost of your ice time, accommodations and your meals. Players are responsible for their own transportation to and from Amherst.
For complete details go to www.ahiha.org and click on the "Learn More" button under the 2019 US Deaf Men's Ice Hockey Team Tryouts section on the home page. Full requirements to tryout are listed on the registration page. You must pre-register for tryouts by March 18th, 2019.
To: 2019 USA Men's Deaf Ice Hockey Candidates
Re. 2019 Winter Deaflympic Tryout Information
19th Winter Deaflympics:
- Dates: December 12-21, 2019
- Locations: Chiavenna, Madesimo and Santa Caterina ValFurva, Italy. Hockey Location: Chiavenna
- Winter Deaflympic Website: Please visit www.2019deaflympics.com for more information
- Rink: Northtown Center at Amherst, NY
- Dates: April 24-28, 2019
- Agenda (Abbreviated):
- Wednesday, April 24: Arrive early afternoon for a late afternoon practice.
- Thursday, April 25: Morning and late afternoon practices.
- Friday, April 26: Morning and late afternoon practices.
- Saturday, April 27: Morning skate and late afternoon game.
- Sunday, April 28: Morning game and depart for home after a post-game meal.
Note: Dr. Bracko will be also have a training program for you.
- Hotel: We have reserved a block of rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton in Amherst, New York. There will be a maximum of 2 players per room.
- Meals: Breakfast will be served at the hotel in a private room. Lunches and dinners will be served at the Skybox Grill at the rink.
- Costs for tryouts: The cost for the tryout is $200. This fee covers the cost of your ice time, accommodations and your meals.
- Transportation: Players are responsible for their own transportation to and from the tryouts.
- Qualifications: Candidates must be 16 years old by the time of the event to tryout. They must meet the Athlete Criteria and Audiogram Regulations set forth by the U.S. Deaf Sports Federation www.usdeafsports.org
- Registration: Players must register online at www.ahiha.org to participate in the tryouts.